Fallout 76 has received a new batch of content with its free Wastelanders update, however, anyone exploring Appalachia recently has bumped into messages saying that player vending is currently disabled.
The reason behind Fallout 76 unavailable vending machines is none other than a duplication bug which affected not only them but also display cases, Bethesda disabling access to both until they find a fix.
Fallout 76 Vending Machine Unavailable
Here are the measures taken by Bethesda while they work on fixes for Fallout 76's latest duplication bug, as outlined on the game's forums:
- Starting today [April 17], any Display Cases you’ve build in your C.A.M.P. will remain visible, but you will no longer be able to assign items to them.
- Display Cases will appear visibly empty, but don’t worry. You can still find any items you’ve assigned to them in your Stash menu. They just won’t be visible in the display case itself.
- You will still be able to build new Display Cases, or Scrap/Store existing ones. You just won’t be able to display items in them for the time being.
- During this time, you will be unable to mark items for sale in your Vending Machines.
- Other players cannot purchase any items you already had listed for sale.
Currently, a fix for Fallout 76's vending machines item duplication bug is expected to drop on April 21. The display cases fix is still without a date.
We'll keep an eye out and update this post with any new details regarding the duplication bug rendering Fallout 76's vending machines and display cases currently unavailable.
Fallout 76 is out now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.