Half-Life: Alyx's update 1.1 is now live, its patch notes revealing various improvements and fixes to the recently released VR shooter.
Update 1.1 also introduces the Continuous Turn movement option alongside various associated turning speed options.
Half-Life: Alyx Update 1.1 Patch Notes
Here are all the improvements and fixes introduced to Half-Life: Alyx in update 1.1, as per its full patch notes:
- Improved turning options in Preferences:
- Added "Continuous Turn", and associated turning speed options.
- Renamed "Quick turn" to "Snap Turn" to make its functionality clearer.
- Added option to disable controller turning.
- Improved hand-over-mouth pose usability for Windows MR controllers.
- Improved the resolution of impact decals on enemies.
- Improved automatic detection of default Quality settings for some machine configurations.
- Fixed an issue where some sounds didn't play as intended.
- Fixed an issue where the main menu could become less responsive if you had many save games.
- Fixed several crashes.
Half-Life: Alyx is available now on the Valve Index, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.