Hearthstone's 18.0 Update is now live, its patch notes revealing several Battlegrounds changes and gameplay improvements.
A new hero is available in Battlegrounds as of Hearthstone's 18.0 Update, in the shape of Kel'thuzad's cat, Mr. Bigglesworth.
Players will also have two new minions, the Menagerie Mug and Menagerie Jug to play with, while Hearthsone's latest BG patch removes Zoobot and Menagerie Magician.
Hearthstone 18.0 Update Battlegrounds Patch Notes
Here are all the changes and additions introduced to Hearthstone and Battlegrounds in its 18.0 Update, as per the full patch notes:
- Kel’Thuzad’s Kitty (Passive)
- When a player dies, Discover a minion from their warband. It keeps any enchantments.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to Mr. Bigglesworth before the hero is formally released on August 13.
- (Tier 2) 2 Attack, 2 Health
- Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +1/+1.
- (Tier 4) 3 Attack, 3 Health
- Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +2/+2.
- Zoobot has been removed from Battlegrounds
- Menagerie Magician has been removed from Battlegrounds.
Game Improvements & Miscellaneous Updates
- Class specific weapon frames have been added to every weapon in Hearthstone.
- Scholomance Academy cards will be added to Arena when the expansion unlocks on August 6.
- Free decks for new and returning players have been updated (recipes can be found here).*
- Returning players no longer need to complete the returning player experience to claim their free deck.
- Poisonous damage now has a special poison damage indicator and effect.
- Pressing the Hide button on mobile when making a card choice in game will now also hide the banner that describes the choice, no longer obscuring vision of the opponent’s armor total.
- Spells created by Evocation will now disappear at the same time at the end of the turn instead of one by one.
- Target indicators will now more accurately represent an opponent’s target selection when aiming a Battlecry or targeted spell.
- Removed a delay from the damage effect for Mad Bomber and Demolisher.
- Reduced the delay between casting Plot Twist and its shuffling animation.
- Fixed a bug where Galakrond the Tempest was showing the upgrade animation over the deck upon the fourth Invoke.
- Fixed a bug where heroes would not slot back into their portraits correctly after attacking.
- Fixed visual display issues with Deathwing’s Battlegrounds hero power.
- Battlegrounds summon speed improvements for Pack Leader and Mama Bear have been re-introduced.
Hearthstone is gearing up for the launch of its latest expansion, Scholomance Academy, slated for August 6.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.