As a grand strategy game, Hearts of Iron 4 can prove a bit challenging to grasp, even for the most determined World War II enthusiast. While trial, error, and lots of guide reading definitely help, Hearts of Iron 4 console commands and cheats can grant more leeway during a playthrough that's not quite going your way.
HOI 4 console commands and cheats are also handy if you're simply looking to experiment with spontaneous scenarios.
What if a civil war suddenly started in the middle of D-Day or someone began nuking every province on the map without warning? The latter probably has a clearer answer than the former, but you get the gist: they're great tools for when you're in a tight spot or if you just want to have some fun.
HOI4 Console Commands and Cheats
Accessing HOI 4's console commands and cheats is rather easy. All you need to do is press the tilde (`) key while in-game to bring up the console. From that point on, simply type in something from the list below.
Keep in mind that you won't be able to use them during ironman or multiplayer matches. As a general rule, the amounts, tags, and ids in the list below should be typed into the console without the accompanying brackets. Here are some handy Hearts of Iron IV console commands and cheats.
- tdebug - Enables debug info like nation tags and IDs
- cp (amount) - Grants specified amount of Command Power
- st (amount) - Grants specified amount of Stability
- ws (amount) - Grants specified amount of War Support
- allowtraits -Enables free assignment of general traits
- gain_xp (amount) - Grants specified amount of experience to selected character
- gain_xp (trait) - Grants specified trait to selected character
- xp (amount) - Grants player army, navy, and air experience
- whitepeace (country tags) - Grants white peace with specified countries
- instantconstruction - Instantly constructs projects including ships
- debug_nuking - Enables nuking every province regardless of conditions
- event (event id) (Target Country Tag) - Executes specified event
- annex (Country Tag) - Annexes specified country
- manpower (amount) - Grants player specified Manpower amount
- fuel (amount) - Grants player specified Fuel amount
- nu (number) - Grants player specified National Unity amount
- nuke (number) - Grants player specified Nukes amount
- research_on_icon_click - Enables research of technology when clicking on its icon in the tech tree
- setowner (country tag) (state id) - Sets specified state owner
- civilwar - (ideology) (target country tag) - Starts a Civil War
- set_ruling_party (ideology group) - Sets specified party as ruling party
- it - Instantly trains divisions and ships
- resistance (amount) - Increases resistance in province by specified amount
- compliance (amount) - Increases compliance in province by specified amount
- deleteallunits (country tag) - Deletes the country's units
- Focus.NoChecks - Gets rid of National Focus requirements
- Focus.AutoComplete - Instanly completes National Focus
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .