Publisher Paradox Interactive has announced that Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance now has a release date set for next month.
Players will be able to try their hand at being spymasters on February 25, when Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance launches on PC.
Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance Release Date
Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance introduces espionage to the World War II grand strategy title, letting players create their own agencies and emply spies both to undermine enemies and to protect their nation from opposing agents.
Here's a breakdown of the expansion's features as detailed by publisher Paradox Interactive in a press release:
- New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the Vichy Regime, as well as an option for conservatives to restore the old French Monarchy.
- More in Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and Nationalist Spain, including an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral into a wider conflict.
- Portuguese National Focuses: New unique focus tree for Portugal. Restore Portuguese naval power, strengthen the overseas empire or intervene in the Civil War next door.
- Espionage: Use your Intelligence Agency to train spies to specialize in certain types of information warfare and send them on special operations, or develop passive resistance to enemy espionage.
- Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance movements, giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
- Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for collaborators to fill the void once you’ve conquered your target.
- Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term battlefield advantages.
- Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas while armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.