Left 4 Dead 2 is getting a new major update, titled The Last Stand, almost ten years after its last one, Cold Stream.
The news of a Left 4 Dead 2 2020 update might come as a shock, especially given how Valve hasn't worked on anything L4D for a long while. Nothing has changed on that front, as The Last Stand's development was headed by a team of over 30 community members and approved by the publisher.
The 11 months of work behind it have led to a fairly massive content offering, L4D2 Last Stand promising a whopping 20 new survival maps, PvP changes, new animations and much more.
L4D2 The Last Stand Update 2020
Here's the detailed list of features set to go live on September 24, when Left 4 Dead 2's The Last Stand Update launches on PC, as provided by development team member JAiZ:
- The Last Stand campaign - The survivors decide to take an alternate path in hopes of salvation, but is this path truly safe?
- 30 brand new achievements - New and unique milestones to strive for!
- 26 new survival maps - How long can you survive against the endless hordes?
- 4 new scavenge maps - Wait, people still play scavenge?
- 2 brand new melee weapons - Hunt down a Jockey with the pitchfork or whack it with the shovel. Satisfaction guaranteed!
- L4D1 infected - The L4D1 infected are back, and they're bloodier than ever!
- New and previously unused voicelines for survivors - Rochelle has a personality now!
- New character animations - New, improved and overhauled animations by our skilled modding team!
- Reworked gun models and animations - The guns now behave more like real guns!
- PvP enhancements and balance changes - New attack spots, new tank spawns, and hundreds of new infected ladders for the competitive modes!
- Official implementation of CSS weapons - The CSS weapons are now available to everyone!
- Brand new mutations Rocketdude and Tank run - Ever wanted to launch yourself around with a grenade launcher, or run away from hordes of tanks? We've got you covered.
- Improved UI options - Singleplayer option for more gamemodes, Versus Survival is officially brought to the main menu, easier gamemode switching, and new outro stats!
- Hundreds of bug and exploit fixes - The days of falling through elevators are gone!
The good news doesn't end here, either, as the release of the Left 4 Dead 2's surprise 2020 update will be accompanied by a free weekend that gives anyone interested an opportunity to try out the game alongside its newest additions.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.