Nexus Blitz is returning to League of Legends after a lengthy period of absence, publisher and developer Riot Games has announced.
Unveiled back in 2018 as League of Legends' first and only experimental mode, Nexus Blitz was a shorter alternative to Summoner's Rift. Featuring its own map with two lanes at the bottom and a jungle up top, it shook up gameplay by making it viable to have two junglers per team, adding in-mode events and more.
Riot decided to keep it as a temporary mode that would be tied to future events. To this extent, Nexus Blitz is currently available on the League of Legends Patch 10.15 PBE as part of an extended PBE run ahead of its launch during LoL's upcoming summer event. The version there is not yet final, the developer focusing on "final tuning and polish passes" and "monitoring performance and potential impact to server loads".
League of Legends Nexus Blitz
The return of League of Legends' Nexus Blitz mode will see it receiving a series of updates, the most significant of which is tied to its map. Players will now battle in an Ionian forest with lush red trees, as shown in the art above. You can also check out the in-game map, as shown on the PBE, in our article covering Patch 10.14.
Nexus Blitz events and rewards are also seeing a number of changes. Here's the full list:
- Bardle Royale (Classic): Fight for survival in the flaming circle of death while it closes in on a part of the map. The last surviving team wins.
- Bardle Royale (Paranoia): Fight for survival in the flaming circle BUT everyone is nearsighted, like you’re all being Nocturne ulted. The last surviving team wins.
- Bardle Royale (Juggernaut): Fight for survival in the flaming circle AND one random champion on each team gains a high amount of health and the On Fire! buff at the start of the event. (As a reminder, the On Fire! buff gives you bonus attack speed, adaptive power, and mana/energy regen, but makes you more vulnerable to damage). The last surviving team wins.
- URF Deathmatch: Every player goes into URF mode surrounded by a bunch of cheering minions! Defeat the enemy team in a best-of-three to win.
- Loot Teemo: A wandering Loot Teemo spawns randomly on the map. Hitting the Loot Teemo grants players gold. The team that last-hits Teemo wins the event.
- Loot Veigar: A wandering Loot Veigar spawns randomly on the map, using Dark Matter and Event Horizon while running away. Hitting the Loot Veigar grants players gold. The team that last-hits Veigar wins the event.
- Push the Cart (Classic): Escort the cart by standing near it to move it toward the nearest enemy structure to destroy it.
- Push the Cart (Attack / Defend): Race your opponents for who can blow up an enemy structure the fastest, except now both teams have a cart they can navigate!
- [NEW] Protect the Soraka: Two Soraka bots enter lane, but only one can leave (... cause one team is gonna destroy the other one). Beware of all the healing and bananas!
- [NEW] DPS Check: It’s like practice mode, but you need to out practice your opponent’s practice on the same Teemo dummy.
- Catapult of Champions: A cannon that launches your champion anywhere on the map appears in your base for the rest of the game. Upon landing, deal damage and push away nearby enemies.
- Blessing of Blitzcrank: Allied turrets, siege minions, and super minions have the ability to Rocket Grab nearby enemies for the rest of the game.
- Poro King: The Poro King spawns to aid your team in pushing forward and sieging enemy turrets, breathing fire on enemies and healing nearby allies periodically.
- Battle Sled: Players can jump aboard a sled from their base to nearly anywhere on the map. First person in the sled is in charge of where you go…
- Guardian Angels: Each member of the team gains a one-time Guardian Angel effect, lasting 90 seconds.
- Statikk Shock: Each player gains chain lightning zaps on their basic attacks for three minutes to help mow down waves and champions.
- B.F. Shields: Each member of the team gains a hefty shield until it is broken.
- Mega Cloud Drake: Team gets mega out-of-combat movement speed and CDR on their ultimate for three minutes.
- Mega Ocean Drake: Restores health and mana/energy when dealing damage for three minutes.
- [NEW] Elder Dragon: You can now execute enemies under a specific health threshold for a few minutes by the force of a BIG DRAGON.
Nexus Blitz will receive its own specific balance changes prior to launch and while it's active, more details coming closer to its currently unknown launch date that's scheduled for sometime after Patch 10.15 goes live on July 22.
Nexus Blitz will go live during patch 10.15.— Black Lives Matter (@itslowbo) July 8, 2020
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . Thank you.