League of Legends' Patch 10.16 is now live, a first look at its patch notes revealing its release date alongside the addition of new skirmisher assassin champion Yone and more Spirit Bloom skins. What else can we tell you about the next update in the League of Legends 2020 Patch Cycle?
League of Legends Patch 10.16's release date launched on Wednesday, August 5, which was the scheduled date for the changes to hit the LoL live servers.
The LoL 10.16 maintenance schedule was revealed closer to launch, taking about three hours to get the servers back up again. You can follow any updates on thehere.
LoL Patch 10.16
The first additions coming in LoL Patch 10.16 are five new Spirit Blossom skins. Players venturing into the LoL 10.16 PBE will also be able to try out the legendary Spirit Blossom Ahri (1820 RP), Spirit Blossom Cassiopeia (1350 RP), Spirit Blossom Kindred (1350 RP), Spirit Blossom Riven (1350 RP) and Spirit Blossom Yone skins.
As always, Riot KateyKhaos has provided turnaround images that better show what players can expect from League of Legends Patch 10.16's new skins:
Spirit Blossom Cassiopeia has received a couple of tweaks to her E and R abilities on the League of Legends Patch 10.16 PBE, as described in the below tweets from Fairy Flan:
#SpiritBlossomCassiopeia Saw the VFX feedback, made some edits to her E with guidance from the Cass main himself, @RiotKingCobra! E has brightness and color changes, with some subtle trail additions.— Fairy Flan (@_FairyFlan) July 22, 2020
Changes should be available to see on PBE tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/SBL5auHbDY
#SpiritBlossomCassiopeia Also made some small edits to her R with @RiotKingCobra's help! This one is mainly brightness, glow/cloud additions and subtle color shifts to address the feedback for a more impactful feeling.— Fairy Flan (@_FairyFlan) July 22, 2020
Changes should be in tomorrow's PBE build! pic.twitter.com/3Da6Ojs475
Spirit Blossom Ahri is also set to get scrolling VFX on her tails alongside better SFX and music for her dance.
Spirit Blossom Riven now has more VFX added to her second R cast, a less square E shield and missing particles returned to her ultimate.
LoL Patch 10.16 also brings tweaks to Spirit Blossom Kindred, including added SFX and VFX weight to the initial R cast.
New Champion: Yone, The Unforgotten
- Base HP: 550
- HP5: 7.5
- HP Per Level: 85
- HP Regen Per Level: 0.15
- Base MR: 32
- MR Per Level: 1.25
- Base AD: 60
- AD Per Level: 2.5
- Base Armor: 28
- Armor Per Level: 3
- Attack Speed Per Level: 2.5
- Base Move Speed: 345
- Attack Range: 175
Way of the Hunter (Passive):
- Yone uses two blades, causing every second Attack to deal 50% magic damage.
- Yone's Critical Strike Chance is doubled but his critical strikes deal 10% reduced damage.
Mortal Steel (Q):
- Cooldown: 4 seconds
- No Cost
- Yone thrusts forward, dealing 20/45/70/95/120 (+100% Total AD) physical damage.
- On hit, grants a stack of
for 6 seconds. At 2 stacks, this skill causes Yone to dash forward with a wave of wind that Knocks Up for 0.75s and deals 20/45/70/95/120 (+100% Total AD) physical damage.
- This skill can critically strike, applies on-hit effects, is interruptible by crowd control and its cooldown and cast time are reduced by Attack Speed.
Spirit Cleave (W):
- Cooldown: 16 seconds
- No Cost
- Yone cleaves forward dealing 5/10/15/20/25 + 6/6.5/7/7.5/8% max Health physical damage and 5/10/15/20/25 + 6/6.5/7/7.5/8% max Health magic damage.
- Total max health damage decreased to 11/12/13/14/15% from 12/13/14/15/16%
- If Yone hits, he gains 40-60 (60% Total AD) Shield for 1.5 seconds. The amount of Shield increases for each champion struck.
- Shield increased by 100% for the first champion hit, and 25% for all subsequent champions.
- Minimum 40-410 total damage against minions and monsters.
- Base Shield Value: 40/41.5/43/44.5/46/47.5/49/50.5/52/55/57.5/60/62.5/65/67.5/70
Soul Unbound (E):
- Cooldown: 22 /19/16/13/10 seconds
- No Cost
- Yone enters a spirit form for 5 seconds, leaving your body behind for the duration and gaining 10% ramping Move Speed.
- When the spirit for ends, Yone snaps back to his body and repeats 25/27.5/30/32.5/35% of all damage he dealt to champions during this time. You may Recast this skill during spirit form.
- Recast: End spirit form early.
- Move Speed ramps from 10% to 30% over the duration.
Fate Sealed (R):
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds
- No Cost
- Yone strikes all enemies along a path for 100/200/300 (+40% Total AD) physical damage and 100/200/300 (+40% Total AD) magic damage, teleporting behind the last champion hit and Knocking Up victims towards Yone.
- If no enemy champion is struck, Yone will instead blink to maximum range.
Check out Yone's special interactions in the video below:
Lead Gameplay Designer Mark Yetter has provided a look at the League of Legends Patch 10.16 preview, highlighting coming changes. Karthus, Sett and Karma count among the champions in line for a nerf while Ziggs, Akali and Fiora are three of the champions set to receive buffs.
10.16 Patch Preview with changes:— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) July 28, 2020
Not 100% final, but getting close. We have a good meta, so a lot of small changes is our approach to diversify without destroying it. pic.twitter.com/lVHTXdTu10
The first champion to receive changes on the LoL Patch 10.16 PBE is none other than Evelynn, whose Q ability no longer reduces cooldown while having its cooldown reduced.
Akali - Changed
Five Point Strike (Q):
- Base damage increased to 35/60/85/110/135 from 30/55/80/105/130
Shuriken Flip (E):
- Damage type changed from physical to magic
Ashe - Nerfed
Ranger's Focus (Q):
- Bonus attack speed decreased to 20/25/30/35/40% from 20/30/40/50/60%
Bard - Nerfed
- Base HP decreased to 560 from 575
Caretaker's Shrine (W):
- Maximum heal decreased to 55/95/135/175/215 from 70/110/150/190/230
Evelynn - Changed
Hate Spike (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 4 seconds from 8 seconds
- Hitting a monster no longer refunds 50% of Hate Spike’s cooldown
Fiora - Changed
- Cooldown decreaseed to 13/11.25/9.5/7.75/6 seconds from 16/14/12/10/8 seconds
- Enemy hit cooldown reduction changed to 50% (enemy hits refund 6.5/5.63/4.75/3.9/3 seconds) from 60% (enemy hits refund 6.4/5.6/4.8/4/3.2 seconds)
Hecarim - Buffed
Devastating Charge (E):
- Movement speed increased to 25-100% (over the first 3 seconds, with fourth second at maximum value) from 25-75%
Jax - Buffed
Counter Strike (E):
- Cooldown decreased to 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds from 16/14/12/10/8 seconds
Jhin - Buffed
- Final shot damage to structures increased to 1.5 total attack damage (now the same damage as a normal critical strike) from 1.2 total attack damage
Jinx - Changed
Super Mega Death Rocket! (Q):
- Bonus damage cap bugfix: Now uncapped against all targets
Karma - Changed
Inner Flame (Q):
- Mana cost changed to 65 from 50/55/60/65/70
- Cooldown increased to 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds from 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds
Karthus - Nerfed
Lay Waste (Q):
- Damage ratio decreased to 0.3 ability power from 0.35 ability power
Kha'zix - Nerfed
Taste Their Fear (Q):
- Isolation target bonus damage decreased to 110% from 120%
Lucian - Buffed
Piercing Light (Q):
- Damage increased to 95/130/165/200/235 from 85/120/155/190/225
The Culling (R):
- Total shots fired increased to 22/28/34 from 20/25/30
Miss Fortune - Buffed
- Attack damage increased to 52 from 50
Morgana - Buffed
Dark Binding (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 10 seconds from 11 seconds
Nautilus - Nerfed
Titan's Wrath (W):
- Shield decreased to 45/55/65/75/85 from 60/70/80/90/100
Neeko - Buffed
Blooming Burst (Q):
- Damage increased to 80/125/170/215/260 from 70/115/160/205/250
- Bloom damage increased to 40/60/80/100/120 from 35/55/75/95/115
Nocturne - Changed
Umbra Blades (Passive):
- Cooldown increased to 14 seconds from 10 seconds
- Basic attacks against enemy champions and monsters reduce Umbra Blades' cooldown by 3 seconds from 2 seconds previously
Rakan - Buffed
The Quickness (R):
- Bonus movement speed increased to 75% from 50%
Sett - Nerfed
- Damage decreased to 80/100/120/140/160 from 80/105/130/155/180
- Damage decreased to 50/70/90/110/130 from 50/80/110/140/170
Skarner - Buffed
Crystal Slash (Q):
- Mana cost decreased to 10 from 15
- Total damage ratio increased to 0.20 attack damage from 0.15 attack damage
Syndra - Nerfed
Dark Sphere (Q):
- Base damage decreased to 70/105/140/175/210 from 70/110/150/190/230
Tristana - Buffed
Explosive Charge (E):
- New: Explosive Charge now deals 1% increased damage per 3% critical strike chance (up to 33.3% increased damage)
Veigar - Buffed
- Magic resist increased to 32 from 30
Volibear - Nerfed
Thundering Smash (Q):
- Bonus movement speed decreased to 10/14/18/22/26% (still doubles when moving towards visible enemy champions) from 15/20/25/30/35%
Yasuo - Buffed
- Magic resist increased to 32 from 30
Last Breath (R):
- Base damage increased to 200/350/500 from 200/300/400
Ziggs - Changed
Short Fuse (Passive):
- Bonus damage ratio changed to 0.5 ability power from 0.3/0.4/0.5 ability power (levels 1/7/13)
- Bonus damage multiplier to structures increased to 2.5x ability power from 2x ability power
Nimbus Cloak (S2)
- Base movement speed decreased to 10%/20%/30% (summoner spell cooldown 0/100/250 seconds) from 15%/25%/35% (summoner spell cooldown 0/100/250 seconds)
Nexus Blitz Balance Changes
10.16 Jungle Changes
- JUNGLE GUARDIAN BASE ATTACK DAMAGE 90 ⇒ 80
- JUNGLE GUARDIAN ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH 5 ⇒ 6
- TWO SIZES TOO SMALL Jungle Guardian will stop growing in size and strength after 40 seconds in combat
- KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE, BUT YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER Jungle monsters do less damage to low health players and their attack damage has been increased by 20%
10.16 Events Changes
- URF DEATHMATCH Champions in URF Deathmatch now get Grievous Wounds immediately when the burn starts
- BARDLE ROYALE Minions no longer spawn during Bardle Royale; minions outside of the circle will be put in Statis
- PUSH THE CART Attack/Defend will no longer end immediately upon getting to Sudden Death. Instead, the carts gain increased movement speed and cannot be blocked by defenders. Time until Sudden Death has also decreased to 75 seconds.
- DPS CHECK Dummy now spawns in a wider variety of positions
- LOOT TEEMO AND VEIGAR Magic resist increased to 100 (gains 25 additional armor and magic resist if they are the 3rd or 4th event)
10.16 Rewards Changes
- OCEAN SOUL Ocean Soul’s regen values have been reduced by 25%
- STATIKK SHOCK MINIMUM DAMAGE TO MINIONS 50% of target's maximum health ⇒ 35% of target's maximum health
10.16 Map Changes
- CATAPULT OF CHAMPIONS Champions who dash into the wall underneath the neutral frog cannons will now automatically be fired from the cannon. Other units that find their way into that space will be bumped out.
- WARD VISION Wards placed around the top lane center bush will reveal a little more clearly
- AZIR Normal ⇒ -5% damage taken
- EZREAL Normal ⇒ -3% damage taken
- KOG'MAW -10% damage dealt & +5% damage taken ⇒ -8% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- LEBLANC -5% damage taken ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- LEE SIN Normal ⇒ -5% damage taken
- RIVEN Normal ⇒ -5% damage taken
- TARIC -5% damage dealt, +5% damage taken, & -5% Healing ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- THRESH +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -8% damage taken
- DARIUS -5% damage dealt ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +3% damage taken
- ILLAOI -5% damage dealt ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- JHIN Normal ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- LEONA Normal ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- NEEKO -5% damage taken ⇒ -3% damage taken
- URGOT Normal ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- ZYRA Normal ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- Players will no longer continue burning after their round ends in Prize Fight
- Aurelion Sol will no longer keep his extra stars if he survives the last round of URF Deathmatch
- Jungle items now grant mana regen in the entire jungle, including the Red Buff area and the jungle in between lanes
- Rift Herald Mercenary no longer occasionally gets permanently placed in Stasis if active during Prize Fight
- Toggle spells will be toggled off while a player is spectating in Prize Fight or when getting into the Battle Sled
- Hexflash will now be refreshed to Flash for each round of URF Deathmatch
- Jungle Guardian will no longer occasionally spawn twice after being killed
- Gnar will no longer be able to cast W - Hyper and R - GNAR! in his Mini form after getting into the Battle Sled
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where the bottom line of chat can appear to be missing depending on the focus of the chat
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where tooltips for items in Item Sets would not always display
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where the "unable to retrieve settings" modal would appear more often than intended
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Loading less frequently used sections of the client are now deferred until clicked, resulting in faster client start up times
- Synced up Chaos and Order cannon minions' attack ranges
- Dying to Shaco's R - Hallucinate explosion right after casting E - Lightning Rush to kill the clone as Kennen no longer causes his ability to be permanently swapped with E2 - Lightning Rush (which cancels the ability)
- Fiddlesticks' R - Crowstorm will no longer continue to deal full damage if he dies right after blinking to his target destination
- Shen is no longer able to purchase items, cast R - Stand United and undo all purchases before the cast completes
- Darius' W - Crippling Strike-empowered attack now properly does damage to a target with a Spell Shield
- Sejuani's Q - Arctic Assault+basic attack combo now properly triggers Electrocute
- Lillia's walking and running animations will no longer loop when inputting move commands
- The basic attack after Blitzcrank casts Q - Rocket Grab and Amumu casts Q - Bandage Toss now properly grants stacks of Conqueror, Electrocute, and Phase Rush
- Pulsefire Ezreal's VFX can now properly be seen while spectating
- Hitting an enemy champion with Shyvana's R - Dragon's Descent while W - Burnout is activated will now properly grant two stacks of Conqueror
- Rek'Sai's Q - Queen's Wrath-empowered basic attacks no longer fizzle if used on an enemy shortly after casting R - Void Rush
- Sivir's Passive - Fleet of Foot SFX has been restored to Base and all skins
- Dawnbringer Nidalee's Passive - Prowl reset SFX has been restored
- Completing Kha'Zix's and Rengar's The Hunt Is On! in-game mission will now properly play the respective SFX for all their skins
- All skins will now play Idle SFX using base assets
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.