League of Legends' Patch 10.18 is now live, a first look at its patch notes revealing its release date alongside the addition of new PsyOps skins, Kayle changes and more. What else can we tell you about the next update in the League of Legends 2020 Patch Cycle?
According to Riot's own patch schedule, The LoL Patch 10.18 release date occurred on Wednesday, September 2, which was when the changes hit the LoL live servers. Its extended testing period was due to Riot taking a summer break on the week of August 10 which might lead to other schedule changes. Patch 10.17 headed straight to live servers without reaching the PBE.
The LoL 10.18 maintenance schedule was revealed closer to launch, usually taking about three hours to get the servers back up again. You can follow any updates on thehere.
LoL Patch 10.18
As explained above, Riot Games is taking a summer break on the week of August 10. This means that the League of Legends Patch 10.17 will skip PBE and only contain balance changes, while LoL 10.18 will stick around on the PBE for longer.
Hi friends! I'll be your RM for 10.18. As noted below, we're taking a week off! This means:— Riot Kami Banani (@kami_banani) August 4, 2020
a) no PBE maintenance during vacation week
b) 10.18 will be on PBE for an extra week
c) there is no 10.17 as far as PBE is concerned
Hope y'all enjoy the patch! https://t.co/g7f20i39Df
So for clarity: any changes in "10.17" (which is not a patch but more like a mid-patch balance update for 10.16) will be reflected in 10.18, it's just not its own update for PBE due to the way we update patches that are live vs. patches still in development. https://t.co/bzfkGNTdfT— Riot Kami Banani (@kami_banani) August 4, 2020
The first additions coming in LoL Patch 10.18 are six new PsyOps skins and one Hextech skin. Players heading into the LoL 10.16 PBE will also be able to try out the PsyOps Ezreal (1350 RP), PsyOps Ezreal Prestige Edition (2900 Event Tokens), PsyOps Master Yi (1350 RP), PsyOps Shen (1350 RP), legendary PsyOps Sona (1820 RP), PsyOps Vi (1350 RP), and Hextech Ziggs (10 Gemstones) skins.
Riot KateyKhaos has, yet again, provided turnaround images that show off all the new skins coming in League of Legends' Patch 10.18:
Alongside her legendary PsyOps skin Sona is also getting a voice update in LoL 10.18.
The voice update also brings with it new special interactions, highlighted in the SkinSpotlights video below.
A Twitter thread focusing on PsyOps Sona's features was started by Riot Sirhaian, delving into both smaller details but also her permanent transformation after leveling her ultimate once.
Thread of Features for Psy-Ops Sona! 👇— 🌸✨ Spirit Blossom Sirhaian ✨🌸 (@Sirhaian) August 4, 2020
First of all, the most important one: her Dance. 💃
I was told I could have fun on this dance's VFXs so I put rainbowy RGB lights everywhere. 👀✨ pic.twitter.com/sH6eNC8JHN
The next set of VFX updates include changes to Malzahar, Viktor, Nocturne and the Ignite Summoner spell. The goal of these changes is to make the hitbox of several spells clearer while bringing them in line with LoL's modern visuals. You can find a detailed breakdown of what's coming over on Reddit.
A series of tooltip changes are also being tested on the LoL Patch 10.18 PBE. These include a level-up grid to better showcase a champion's power progression alongside updated colors that aim to make tooltips easier to read. Catch up on all that's changing on Reddit.
Lead Gameplay Designer Mark Yetter has revealed the LoL 10.17 patch preview highlighting a smaller set of changes set to be introduced on Wednesday, August 19. These include nerfs to Sona, Lux and Yone alongside buffs for Gragas, Varus and more.
Better late than never, 10.17 Patch Preview. A bit smaller than a normal patch with the Riot summer break last week.— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) August 17, 2020
These changes should be going out some time Wednesday. pic.twitter.com/iDLklb4m2i
He also outlined upcoming changes for Ahri and Kayle set to go live in LoL Patch 10.18. These amount to small buffs meant to make the two champions' gameplay feel better.
We have some light mechanics upgrades coming to PBE for Ahri and Kayle. Aiming to get these into the 10.18 patch.— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) August 19, 2020
Both should amount to very small buffs, but focused on creating better gameplay primarily.
Details in thread (1/3)
The Patch 10.18 preview was also posted, highlighting nerfs to Sett, Ashe and Shen alongside buffs for Rumble, Miss Fortune and Twitch.
10.18 Patch Preview. Changes still WIP and more info tomorrow.— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) August 24, 2020
(sorry for the repost, I forgot XZ) pic.twitter.com/znhHGidVpW
The first set of champion changes arriving in League of Legends Patch 10.18 bring changes to Kayle and Ahri.
Ahri - Changed
- HP5 decreased to 5.5 from 6.5
Essence Theft (Passive):
- Passive renamed from Vastayan Grace to Essence Theft
- Removed Innate: Whenever Ahri lands 2 ability hits against a champion within 1.5 seconds, she gains 20% bonus movement speed for 3 seconds
- Ahri gains an Essence Theft stack for each enemy hit by her abilities, up to a maximum of 3 per cast, and storing up to 9 at once. Upon reaching 9 stacks of Essence Theft, Ahri's next spell consumes the stacks to heal Ahri for 3/5/9/18 (levels 1/6/11/16) (+0.09 ability power) for each enemy hit.
- No longer needs to hit a champion to heal
Orb of Deception:(Q)
- Essence Theft is now her Passive
- New: Now grants a burst of 40% Movement Speed decaying over 1.5 seconds
- New: Deals 200% damage to minions below 20%
- Cooldown increased to 10/9/8/7/6 from 9/8/7/6/5
- Mana cost increased to 55 from 40
Ashe - Nerfed
- Base AD decreased to 59 from 61
Galio - Nerfed
Winds of War (Q):
- Damage decreased to 70/105/140/175/210 from 80/115/150/185/220
Jarvan IV - Buffed
Dragon Strike (Q):
- Damage increased to 90/130/170/210/250 from 80/120/160/200/240
Kayle - Changed
Radiant Blast (Q):
- No longer refunds mana on champion hit.
Celestial Blessing (W):
- Mana cost increased to 90/100/110/120/130 from 70/80/90/100/110
Starfire Spellblade (E):
- Mana cost decreased to No Cost from 50/55/60/65/70
- Auto attack projectile speed increased to 5000 from 2000
Kog'Maw - Nerfed
- Armor growth decreased to 3.25 from 3.5
- Health growth decreased to 85 from 90
Miss Fortune - Buffed
- Attack speed growth increased to 3% from 2.25%
- Maximum movement speed increased to 55/65/75/85/95 from 50/60/70/80/90
Rumble - Buffed
- Total damage increased to 180/220/260/300/340 from 175/210/245/280/315
Sett - Changed
Pit Grit (Passive):
- Right punch bonus damage ratio increased to 0.5 bonus attack damage from 0.15 total attack damage
Knuckle Down (Q) :
- Damage changed to 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.01 of target’s maximum health) (+1/1.5/2/2.5/3% per 100 total attack damage) from 10/20/30/40/50 (+1/2/3/4/5% of target’s maximum health) (+0.01 per 100 total attack damage)
Shen - Nerfed
Ki Barrier (Passive):
- Shield value decreased to 60-111 (levels 1-18) from 70-121 (levels 1-18)
Shyvanna - Changed
Dragon's Descent (R):
- Dragon form explosion radius changed to 345 (center check) (a center check with a 345 radius is about equal to a 280 radius boundary check for most targets) from 220/240/260/280/300 (boundary check)
- Dragon form visuals and cast indicator now accurately represent the ability’s radius
- Dragon form Flame Breath no longer casts at maximum range when player attempts to cast near maximum range
- Dragon form ground zone damage tick rate decreased to 0.5 seconds (same damage per second) from 1 second
- Dragon form ground zone is now more responsive
Twitch - Changed
- Bonus damage per stack ratio increased to 0.333 ability power (maximum 2.0 ability power) from 0.2 ability power (maximum 1.2 ability power)
Spray and Pray (R):
- Bolt damage reduction per enemy hit changed to -5% per unit hit (minimum damage cap of 70%) from 20% from the previous hit (minimum damage cap of 40%)
Xin Zhao - Buffed
Wind Becomes Lightning (W):
- Thrust damage increased to 40/75/110/145/180 (+0.80 attack damage) from 30/65/100/135/170 (+0.75 attack damage)
Guardian (Resolve Keystone)
- Shield ratio decreased to 0.15 ability power (+0.09 bonus health) from 0.25 ability power (+0.12 bonus health)
League Client Updates
- Players online using League+ now show as available in folders on the Friends list
- Ticker messages now display when a player encounters an error patching
- Spectating a game no longer shows your status as green in the Friends list
- Ward skin rarity is now correctly displayed
- The home screen is no longer black when being kicked from a party
- Player names should no longer display as “...” in chat
- Missions and other information pop-ups should not appear until the client has finished loading
- Blocking a player through the Add Friends modal no longer shows debug text instead of the user’s Summoner Name
- Long skin names no longer overlap each other in the profile background picker
- The loading circle for all tabs in the client are now in the same place
- Changing the background in Profile now dynamically updates your hover card in the Friends list
- Voice Panel no longer overlaps the Friends list
- A missing translation has been found and fixed for specific patcher notifications
- A player's hover card in the Friends list should now accurately reflect a player’s current state (In Queue, Champ Select, Online)
- PASSIVE - VOID SHIFT: Reduced some of the noise from the shield. Made it a bit brighter to match other spell shields
- BASIC ATTACK: New missiles and hit effects
- Q - CALL OF THE VOID: New quickcast indicator to better represent its actual hitbox. New missile and hit effects
- W - VOID SWARM: New spawn effects and basic attacks
- E - MALEFIC VISIONS: New debuff effect and a beam effect when the debuff spreads to other enemies
- R - NETHER GRASP: New beam, hit, and AoE effects, including a more thematic pool
- SNOW DAY MALZAHAR: New snowball VFX on Q
- BATTLE BOSS MALZAHAR: Q updated to rotate spaceships to better match hitbox
- HEXTECH MALZAHAR: Q updated to show hitbox more clearly
- WORLDBREAKER MALZAHAR: Q updated to show hitbox more clearly
- PASSIVE - UMBRA BLADES: New effect to clearly show the area of effect. Nocturne's blades now glow when his passive is ready
- BASIC ATTACK: New swipes and target effects
- Q - DUSKBRINGER: Updated missile effects and rebalanced darkness trail
- W - SHROUD OF DARKNESS: More thematic spell shield and new attack speed buff effect
- E - UNSPEAKABLE HORROR: Updated beam and shadow effects to show the timing more clearly
- R - PARANOIA: New dash effect when Nocturne casts the ability. Updated trail and impact effects. Enemies affected by the spell get a shadowy screen space effect.
- FROZEN TERROR NOCTURNE: All VFX updated with a winter thematic
- HAUNTING NOCTURNE: All VFX updated with a spooky thematic
- ETERNUM NOCTURNE: All VFX updated with a sci-fi thematic
- BASIC ATTACK: New missile and hit effects
- Q - SIPHON POWER: Updated beam effect and rebalanced shield effect
- W - GRAVITY FIELD: Updated gravity zone effect
- E - DEATH RAY: Updated effects to clearly show the area hit
- R - CHAOS STORM: New initial cast effect
- CREATOR VIKTOR: All VFX updated in Battlecast thematic
- DEATHSWORN VIKTOR: Size of E adjusted to match base
- R - UNDYING RAGE: Tryndamere’s body will flash white for an instant at the end of his ultimate to show when the buff expires
- IGNITE: Reduced overall noise while increasing clarity and timing
- There are new tooltips in the Clash hub that explains how players can form or find a team, as well as give suggestions when a player first visits the page
- BETA: Rather than creating your own team, visiting the Clash hub and setting yourself as a Free Agent allows other teams that are looking for players to add you to their rosters. Set your position preferences and get in on the action.
- Tryndamere's E - Spinning Slash can no longer hit the same target multiple times
- Bouncing Noxious Traps as Teemo no longer stops his basic attacks
- When Riven casts Q - Broken Wings or E - Valor from Fog of War while hovering her cursor over an enemy champion or minion, she and the small area around her will no longer by revealed by the enemy team
- Fiora's W - Riposte can no longer trigger her enemy's Vitals through a Spell Shield
- Hitting an enemy champion with Kha'Zix's W - Evolved Void Spike no longer reveals a large area around him
- Garen's W - Courage no longer increases his base armor and magic resist
- Anivia's W - Crystallize no longer applies the Aspect of the Dragon debuff on enemy champions
- Champions with the Aspect of the Dragon will no longer be burned while invulnerable
- When Nami kills the Rift Scuttler using an E - Tidecaller's Blessing-empowered basic attack, the Speed Shrine is no longer treated as Nami's ability, stopping allied champions from receiving buffs like Summon Aery by walking through it
- Pyke can now properly cast Q - Bone Skewer when he has the minimum required mana
- Using Graves' E - Quickdraw after a basic attack now properly triggers Sheen or Kleptomancy
- Liandry's Torment now properly applies its UNIQUE passive, Torment, on Baron Nashor regardless of distance
- If Zed dies during his Dance animation, his clone will no longer stay on the map and grant vision until Zed respawns
- Youmuu's Ghostblade's out-of-combat movement speed effect goes on cooldown when affected by CC effects
- Fixed a bug where the Rift Herald would sometimes do no damage to a turret
- Bami's Cinder passive damage properly increases with Kled's bonus health
- Lux's W - Prismatic Barrier now properly applies the shield at max two times
- Caitlyn is no longer able to trigger the Aspect of the Dragon's execute on multiple targets
- Caitlyn is no longer able to trigger Summon Aery multiple times at once
- Casting R - The Show Stopper as Sett on Yone during the very end of R - Fate Sealed no longer suppresses Yone as he blinks to another enemy champion
- Beekeeper Singed's Q - Poison Trail VFX is now distinguishable in colorblind mode
- The "Show More Info" level-up grid view is now available on all champions. The grid now also highlights your current level's values.
- Colors have changed across the board on all tooltips. The aim is for them to be easier to read and get to important information faster.
- Many champions now have magic damage/physical damage/true damage highlighted to their own specific color (this is not on all champions yet, but will slowly release over time)
- Aether Wing Kayle and Pentakill Kayle's Q - Radiant Blast's VFX no longer renders over impassable terrain
- Base Anivia's (also applies to Team Spirit, Bird of Prey, Noxus Hunter, Hextech, and Prehistoric Anivia) R storm SFX loop now plays correctly in Fog of War
- Hextech Anivia's armor material has been changed to the correct type, and will make metal sounds when she is hit by enemy champions
- Multiple sounds for Black Frost Anivia have been restored, including the death SFX that plays when Anivia is killed while in egg form, the SFX for the E empowered hit, the SFX that play when the R has reached its max size, and the SFX for when the R is deactivated
- Festival Queen Anivia's max R size SFX and the R deactivation SFX have been restored
- Papercraft Anivia's armor material has been changed to the correct type, and will now make wood sounds when she is hit by enemy champions
- Mecha Kha'Zix's Passive hit, Isolated Q & Non-Isolated Q, W missile hits, W heal, E ground hit, and R cast SFX/skin-specific VO have been restored
- Kha'Zix's Guardian of the Sands, Death Blossom, and Dark Star skins' W heal SFX have been restored
- Super Galaxy Nidalee's Pounce reset SFX restored
- Fixed a bug on Lissandra's Q where the second/unique hit SFX was not working
- Additional Runaan's Hurricane bolts from Amethyst Ashe's Q - Ranger's Focus Runaan's now properly use the skin's VFX
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.