A Master of Magic reboot is in development, publisher Slitherine announced today, during its Home of Wargamers 2021 Live+ event. Developed by MuHa Games, the studio known for its work on the Thea series, the reboot is currently in alpha and expected to enter beta testing in the second half of 2021.
The upcoming Master of Magic game is described as "an extremely faithful reboot of the original game, with identical gameplay mechanics and the same, overwhelming amount of content, which allowed for endless replayability."
Players choose one of 14 different great wizards battling each other for control of the worlds of Arcanus and Myrror.
Your armies of elves, dragons, dwarves, orcs, and other fantasy races are only one part of the puzzle. As the name suggests, you'll also have spells that you can use to support your troops in turn-based battles, engage in alchemy, and various rituals.
Here is a breakdown of the reboot's features:
- 14 unique playable powerful wizards
- 5 schools of magic and 18 traits to customize your wizard
- Over 60 special abilities
- Over 200 spells to research
- 14 fantasy races to command, including elves, dwarves, trolls, draconians, orcs, klackons, gnolls and many more
- 196 unique unit types
- Over 250 unique magical items, as well as custom crafting
- Two parallel dimensional planes: Arcanus and Myrror
The Master of Magic reboot is expected to launch on PC at some point in 2022. During the Home of Wargamers 2021 Live+ event, Slitherine also revealed Scramble: Battle of Britain, Broken Arrow, and Stargate: Timekeepers.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .