Metal: Hellsinger's Torments and Sigils are introduced fairly early but, as you're likely mowing down hordes of foes in the story mode, you might not know what the relationship between them is and why you might want work towards obtaining the latter.
Metal: Hellsinger's Torments act as additional challenges you can take on when you might want to take a break from its story mode or after it. A set of three is unlocked upon completing seven of the game's levels, each one unlocking a Sigil if you do manage to beat it.
Metal: Hellsinger Torments and Sigils
Sigils then act as passive bonuses you can equip before heading into the story mode, which make you more efficient at killing things and keeping your Fury meter up.
Every Torment has three tiers you need to complete, each tier providing a more challenging take on the ruleset of the first. The initial one unlocks a new Sigil upon completion, while the other two empower it further.
You can think of Metal: Hellsinger's Torments as timed arena-based challenges that change the rules of the game in different ways.
You'll always have to hit a certain number of killed foes in the allotted amount of time, but you may not be able to heal or discover that only ultimate kills count towards your goal.
Generally speaking, killing foes increases the available time but you'll also find that it's often capped to a certain value, which keeps up the pressure.
You can equip up to two unlocked Sigils on the Loadout screen before playing a story mode level. Here are all the Torments and Sigils you can expect to brave and unlock in Metal: Hellsinger.
- Killing With Rhythm I/II/III - Effect: You gain extra damage while killing foes on beat.
- Sigil Reward - Streak Guardian I/II/III: You can take damage a number of times (based on rank) before your Hit Streak is lost.
- Weapon Trickery I/II/III - Effect: Your weapon changes to a random one after each kill.
- Sigil Reward - Ghost Rounds I/II/III: The first few attacks (exact number based on rank) after switching weapons do not use ammo.
- Relic Thief I/II/III - Effect: Pickup items spread across the arena greatly empower you.
- Sigil Reward - Boon Momentum I/II/III: Hit Streak boons are built up at an increased pace (dependent on rank).
- Giantslayer I/II/III - Effect: Only Behemoth kills count towards your goal.
- Sigil Reward - Unyielding Fury I/II/III: Fury can never drop below a certain threshold (dependent on rank).
- Death's Edge I/II/III - Effect: You cannot heal but damage increases the closer you are to dying.
- Sigil Reward - Last Breath Aegis I/II/III: Deal more damage (based on rank) when low on health.
- Ultimate Mastery I/II/III - Effect: Only ultimate attack kills count towards your goal.
- Sigil Reward - Ultimate Sovereignty I/II/III: Weapon ultimate charge up automatically by a certain percentage (based on rank) each beat.
- Slaughter Mastery I/II/III - Effect: Only slaughter kills (executions) count towards your goal.
- Sigil Reward - The Perfectionist I/II/III: Fury from Perfect grades is increased by a certain percentage (based on rank).
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.