Metro Exodus is a great game (review coming soon!), but it does have some technical problems to polish out, much like any game. The latest PC hotfix is here for the game, on both Epic Games Store and Steam, and we've got the full Metro Exodus Patch Notes below.
The latest patch brings the Epic Games Store version to version 18.104.22.168 and the Steam version to 22.214.171.124, and is supposed to fix certain crashes, as well as problems with DLSS. It should increase performance too. Let's have a see.
Metro Exodus Patch Notes for PC Hotfix Version 126.96.36.199
- Epic build (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu) – 188.8.131.52
- Epic Store/exe version – 0.1.0.12
- Steam build (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu) – 184.108.40.206
- Steam Store/exe version – 3574956
- General Stability fixes
- Optimization for Lower spec PC's
- DLSS fixes and improvements to sharpness
- Fixed wallmark vfx for DX11
- RTX fixes and optimization
- Added bugtrap support for reporting crashes to 4A Games
- Benchmark tool fixes
- The new bugtrap tool will detect a crash or other fatal error that may occur in the PC version. It will gather some limited data from your machine and prepare a report that you can send to 4A Games via the Metro Support site. No user identifiable information is collected, but the report can be fully reviewed before sending. This is the message you will see if this occurs:
- For controller lag reports on PC – If you have a high spec machine capable of running at high framerate, but have vsync in half, you will likely experience controller lag issues. The larger the difference between the possible framerate of a machine, and the vsync setting, the more lag you may experience. Please switch vsync to off or full to reduce these chances. We are continuing to investigate this issue.