As a platform fighter, Multiversus' appeal hinges on the quality of its roster. The title's list of playable characters will play a major role in keeping players interested and, based on its initial reveal, it features quite a mash-up of popular characters.
Since it was first rumored, Multiversus roster was said to bring together playable characters from the DC universe, Game of Thrones, Looney Tunes, and more. Having been officially unveiled, we now have a better sense of how its list and the first 13 names on it look. Read on below to find out more.
Multiversus Characters List
Twelve of the 13 names currently on Multiversus roster come from popular intellectual properties, its outlier being the adorable Reindog. Each playable character favors one of five playstyles – Assassin, Bruiser, Mage/Ranged, Support, and Tank –, having access to two special abilities. Here's how the list looks at the moment:
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) - Assassin; Special Moves: Face-Stealer, Dagger Slash
- Batman (DC Universe) - Bruiser; Special Moves: Bat-Bomb, Rising Bat
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes) - Mage/Ranged; Special Moves: A Safe Investment, Special Delive-Rocket
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time) - Assassin; Special Moves: High Five, Dude!, Backpack 'Em Up!
- Garnet (Steven Universe) - Bruiser; Special Moves: Heart Song, Friendship Blast
- Harley Quinn (DC Universe) - Assassin; Special Moves: Stuffie Bat, Batter Up!
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time) - Bruiser; Special Moves: Rubber Stomach, Dude!, Stretchin’ Out
- Reindog (Multiversus, original character) - Support; Special Moves: Love Leash, Dude!, Power Crystal
- Shaggy (Scooby Doo) - Bruiser; Special Moves: Zoinks!, Power Uppercut
- Steven Universe (Steven Universe) - Support; Special Moves: Bubble Boy!, Shield Stepper
- Superman (DC Universe) - Bruiser; Special Moves: Ice Breath, Meteor Liftoff
- Tom and Jerry (Tom and Jerry) - Mage/Ranged; Special Moves: Slingshot Sharpshooter, Rocket Mouse
- Wonder Woman (DC Universe) - Tank; Special Moves: Lasso of Truth, Flying Warrior
- Iron Giant (The Iron Giant) - Tank
- The Tasmanian Devil (Looney Tunes) - Bruiser; Special Moves: Taz-nado, Dogpile! Dogpile!
- Velma (Scooby Doo) - Support; Special Moves: Fast Thinker, Shutterbug
Multiversus' roster will keep growing after launch, as new seasons introduce more content to the free-to-play title. Three game modes are confirmed thus far – 2v2, 1v1, and 4-player free-for-all –, catering to both cooperative and solo play.
For more on the free-to-play platform fighter, here's what we know about its release date.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.