Train tycoon game Railroad Corporation has just received its Sandbox mode update today, developer Corbie Games and publisher Iceberg Interative announced. Alongside more freedom when managing their train company, players also have a handful of multiplayer tweaks to look forward to.
The Sandbox mode update is the first major content offering that Railroad Corporation has received since entering Steam Early Access back at the end of May.
Railroad Corporation Sandbox Mode Update
In the newly introduced Sandbox mode, players won't have to deal with timers and objectives, being able to grow their company at their own pace. Here's a list of the features you can expect to try out:
- Play two new sandbox-only maps with extra settings, such as random city locations and random production buildings.
- Choose between starting the game with the ‘Best Friend’ locomotive or by having everything researched.
- Enable or disable contract generation, the buying or constructing of production buildings and laws spawning on and off.
- Enjoy the same missions as in the campaign but without deadlines, overdraft limits or objectives.
- Play the missions without any prior research or portfolio progression being carried forward into subsequent missions.
The Sandbox mode update also adds a few new tweaks to Railroad Corporation's multiplayer mode. Would-be train tycoons can now try out an alternative scenario for the currently existing multiplayer map that also has "an extended goal", start their game with a capital of $200,000 or take two pre-researched locomotives for a spin. The Sandbox mode update is only the first major step in Railroad Corporation's Early Access journey, future updates having been detailed in the game's Early Access roadmap.
Railroad Corporation is currently available on Steam Early Access for the price of 24,99€ or your regional equivalent. If you haven't made up your mind about it already, here are 4 reasons to play Railroad Corporation.