The Resident Evil 2 Remake is out and it's hugely popular, which is great because it's fantastic. It's not a massively long game however, so to keep the momentum going Capcom have started adding Resident Evil 2 Remake Weekly Challenges to give players extra incentive.
There are three weekly challenges for RE2 players to take on, and given their name players will probably only have this week to complete them - with a fresh set due next week. Here's how to do this week's Resident Evil 2 challenges which run until February 2. Best get moving!
How to Complete the Resident Evil 2 Remake Weekly Challenges
There are three weekly challenges that players have to complete, and the current set runs to Saturday February 2 at 15:00 JST / 06:00 GMT / 01:00 EST / 22:00 PST February 1. To participate, you'll need to sign up to RE.net and link it to your game, which you can do here. You'll also need to be online as you attempt the challenges.
Here are the three weekly challenges available right now for Resident Evil 2, and some advice on how to complete them:
- CRACK SHOT - Story Challenge
- Complete the game with an accuracy of 95% or more - Quite simply, you have to watch your shots. We suggest heading to the Options and altering the option to slow the crosshair down when over an enemy. Remember: they don't have to be good shots, just hit something.
- Clear the game on Standard or Hardcore - in other words, not Easy. We suggest Standard, obviously. You don't get bonus points for making it hard on yourself. You'll still have to complete one entire campaign, however.
- UNDAMAGED GOODS - Story Challenge
- Take damage 5 times or less - If you've played through the game you're hopefully getting adept at keeping your distance or dodging if enemies get close. Most enemies should be fairly easy if you know where they are, just watch out for surprise attacks or gang-ups. And bosses, of course.
- Counterattack 3 times or less - You won't take damage for pulling off counterattacks with Knives, Grenades or Flashbangs, but you can only do it up to three times. We advise using your Grenades and Flash Grenades before enemies get close. Keep the knife for emergencies, perhaps. Just be careful.
- Clear the game on Standard or Hardcore - again, not Easy. We suggest Standard, and yes, you'll still have to complete one entire campaign.
- GOT A QUOTA TO KEEP - The 4th Survivor and Tofu Survivor Challenge
- Kill at least 40 enemies - While the Survivor challenge is obviously quicker than the Story Challenges, it's not necessarily easier, as we're not sure there's enough ammo to kill 40 enemies. Obviously there is. Try and cluster zombies together with grenades, and go for headshots only. If a zombie takes loads of bullets to kill, consider restarting.
- Cannot use ???/??? - Um, yes. We're presuming this relates to the Infinite Ammo cheats, so don't use those. On the other hand, it may mean a Counterattack or side weapon. If you fail, this'll be why.
If you complete all these challenges you'll get a Platinum Achievement. At the moment there are no other bonuses, like unlockables or even concept art, but we presume they'll come in later Weekly Challenges.
Here are the provisos:
- Extra Challenges only: Any play data that uses aim assist will not be counted.
- After starting a challenge, data will be collected after you select New Game.
- Any play data that uses Infinite Bonus Weapons will not be counted. (Excluding Infinite Combat Knife)
- Only results from "Main Title" will be shown.
Enjoy, and good luck! Check in here to see how your fellow Resident Evil 2 Weekly Challenge players are doing!