Space Engineers publisher and developer Keen Software House has recently outlined its 2020 plans which include supporting the game with one major update each month.
2019 was a successful year that saw Space Engineers leave Steam Early Access to positive reviews, double its revenue on a year-to-year basis, and get featured on Steam's Best of 2019 Early Access grads end of year list at the highest, Platinum level.
Space Engineers 2020 Plans
Going into 2020, developer Keen Software House aims all its development time on the Space Engineers Xbox One port and further developing the PC version.
Here is a succint list of the studio's 2020 plans:
- Continue supporting and developing Space Engineers. One major update every few months.
- Release Space Engineers for Xbox One.
- Perform an internal study on what game engine is best for the future of Space Engineers.
- Run an internal hackathon - new game mechanics, features, stories for Space Engineers.
- Start working on something new & big - more details later!
On top of that, the studio will move its offices into a new building of its very own in Prague. You can find more details on Space Engineers over on its Steam page.