Publisher Paradox Interactive has announced that Stellaris' next DLC, the Aquatics Species Pack, has locked down its release date to November 22, launching alongside the game's free 3.2 Herbert update.
Much like its predecessors, the Aquatics Species Pack is a smaller DLC that aims to add more flavor to Stellaris, rather than bring major changes to its core systems. As its name suggests, this piece of post-launch content is marine-themed, introducing new origins, civic, and cosmetic items to the grand strategy game.
One of the new origins particularly stands out, giving players the chance of befriending or antagonizing a mythical beast that resides on their homeworld. Here's how the full list of Stellaris: Aquatics Species Pack features looks, as detailed by the publisher in an emailed press release.
- New Origins:
- Here be Dragons!: This ancient mythical beast stalks your homeworld, its deep sage-blue scales orbiting your humble kingdom. Your relationship with this proud creature will determine the lengths she will be willing to go to either defend or destroy you… you’d be wise to avoid displeasing it.
- Ocean Paradise: These peaceful civilizations lead a peaceful life in a bountiful environment. With no natural enemies as well as food deposits and bonuses, enjoy unhindered growth and opulence.
- New Trait - Aquatic: When species evolve to thrive on ocean worlds, they’re also the stereotypical “fish out of water” on others.
- New Civic - Anglers: The bounties of the sea, fresh seafood, and rare pearls, are but some of the benefits of a seafarer's life. Visit the agriculture districts to cash in on these valuable consumer goods.
- New Ascension Perk - Hydrocentric: When you spend most of your time underwater, you figure out cheaper and faster methods of modifying your environment. Terraform planets into oceanic worlds, or make them bigger by harvesting water from other planets. Build the sandcastles of space!
- New ship set with a sleek look, designed to help you yacht your way through space.
- New Aquatics Dragon: A new, majestic space dragon will now grace the stars.
- New Advisor: Sail the stars alongside the Seafarer advisor voice, inspired by high-seas adventure fiction.
- 15 new aquatics portraits to help you embrace your fishy new existence.
Stellaris: Aquatics Species Pack's release date is set to occur on November 22, which is when the DLC becomes available on PC for the price of £7.19 or your regional equivalent. Anyone purchasing it during launch week will benefit from a 20% discount.
The free Herbert 3.2 update launches on the same day and will be free for all owners of the base game. It brings with it the expected batch of bug fixes while adding the Pompous Purists Civic to the Humanoids Species Pack, an improved ship browser to the base game, increasing the variety of anomalies you encounter as you venture across newly discovered planets, and changing the AI's behavior.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .