From the creators of XCOM's The Long War mod, comes, a sprawling strategy game spanning every continent and the entire solar system, where players must deal with an alien invasion of unparalleled scale.
Currently, in Early Access, the game is well-fleshed out and full of content to explore. This guide will cover the notorious Global Energy Crisis Event, and how best to survive it.
Terra Invicta Global Energy Crisis
If you've just started playing and are worried about the event occurring, don't worry too much. The Global Energy Crisis can only trigger after 15 in-game years, which as any player will tell you, is a very long time indeed.
It is also influenced by certain global technologies, with warnings appearing in the descriptions. Unfortunately, while the player can avoid these, the chances are the AI will research some of them, meaning it's only a matter of time until it triggers.
Once triggered, each Faction can decide how to handle the event, but in all cases, the resource requirements are vast.
- Global Inequality gain. Nations with Resource Regions gain GDP, nations without lose GDP
- Volatiles can be spent by Factions to reduce the effect to 75% in nations they control
- Nuclear Fission in Space global research allows Factions to spend Money and Fissiles to reduce the effect to 66% in nations they control
- Nuclear Fission in Space also allows for Money, Water, and Noble Metals can also be spent to reduce the effect to 50% in the nation's Faction control
Research options do exist to mitigate the damage caused by the Global Energy Crisis. These increase the Global Nuclear Fission and Global Nuclear Fusion tech level by 1 and do stack.
- Advanced Fission Systems
- Deuterium-Deuterium Fusion
- Deuterium-Helium-3 Fusion
- Deuterium-Tritium Fusion
- Gas Core Fission Systems
- Molten Core Fission Systems
- Nuclear Fission in Space
- Nuclear Fusion in Space
- Proton-Boron Fusion
- Proton-Proton Fusion
- Solid Core Fission Systems
- Terrawatt Fusion Reactors
You shouldn't have any problems getting through a Global Energy Crisis Event in Terra Invicta, but do let us know if you have any problems or want to know more. You may want to check out ourtoo.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . Thank you.