It's not easy staying alive in The Forest. If hunger and dehydration don't get you, one of its many cannibalistic mutants surely will. In tough moments like these, it's always good to have a few console commands and cheats on hand.
The Forest's console commands and cheats feature such options as the traditional god mode alongside others that make cutting down trees easier or spawning in desired items and creatures. Some of these may affect your save games and reset achievements, so bear that in mind before using them.
You won't be able to use The Forest console commands and cheats straight away but, thankfully, the extra step required to activate them isn't all that complicated. Once you've started the game, simply type in "developermodeon" in the main menu while leaving out the quote marks.
From this point on, you can press Z to toggle the console, and F1 to turn it on and off. The up and down arrows let you cycle through previously used commands, while the left and right arrows are helpful when you're trying to edit the cheats you're inputting.
Below, you'll find a list of handy console commands and cheats for The Forest, as found on the game's wiki. You can replace "on" with "off" and vice versa for most commands to get the opposite effect.
- faststart on - Enables skiping the initial plane crash sequence
- survival on - Enables survival elements like the need to eat or drink
- buildhack on - Enables quick building and unlimited resources
- godmode on - Enables invincibility
- addallitems - Adds all non-story items
- addallstoryitems - Adds all story items
- additem (ID number) - Adds item linked to specified ID
- buildermode on - Enables buildhack and godmode, disables survival mode, removes enemies, adds all items (except for story ones)
- itemhack on - Makes it impossible to run out of items you already own
- save - Saves the game regardless of where you are
- enemies off - Removes opponents
- forcerain heavy - Changes weather to heavy rain
- forcerain sunny - Changes weather to sunny
- cutdowntrees (percentage/number) - Cuts down specified percentage or number of trees
- lightingtimeofdayoverride morning/noon/sunset/night/off - Changes game lighting to specified time until turned off
- addClothingById (ID number) - Adds clothing item linked to specified ID
- killallanimals - Kills all animals but doesn't stop them from respawning
- spawnanimal (name) - Spawns specified animal
- birds off - Turns off birds
- animals off - Turns animal off
- veganmode on - Enemies only appear in caves
- killallenemies - Kills all enemies
- killallworms - Kills all worms
- killendboss - Kilsl end boss
- spawnmutant (name) - Spawns specified mutant type
- spawnenemy (name) - Spawns specified enemy type
- setstat Health/Stamina/Energy/Sanity/Fullness (number) - Sets specified stat to specified number
The Forest is out now on PC and PS4.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .