Early on in, no matter what precautions you take, your Onbu will trek through a cloud of toxic gas and Poisonous Plants will sprout from the toxic spores that settle in the soil. If left unchecked, the plants will multiply, spreading more poison to the surrounding area and infecting both your villagers and the Onbu himself.
Poisoned villagers can die and of course, the Onbu's health is paramount. So what can you do?
The Wandering Village Poisonous Plants Solution
If you're like me, the first time this happens you'll follow the tutorial, use the harvest tool on the poison, and hope for the best. You'll scroll around the map looking for little purple plants and start clicking on them. Then you'll watch as your villagers pretty much ignore your instructions and soon the number of poisonous plants has doubled, then tripled then quadrupled. Hapless villagers are now sick and your carefully cultivated crop fields are gradually being overtaken by a toxic purple morass.
Don't panic. Here's what to do:
- Pause the game. You can tee up all of the below while the game is paused without letting the poison spread further while you frantically click.
- Select the harvest tool and scroll around the map clicking on every single poisonous plant.
- Select the priority tool, and click on the three arrows icon to set it to the highest priority. Now scroll around the map again clicking on every single poisonous plant a second time to set each harvest to the highest priority.
- Now, click on every building (except two, see the next step) and unassign the workers where possible. (There are some buildings that must always have a worker assigned, so don't worry about those.) These workers are now free to follow your priority instructions without any potentially conflicting responsibilities.
- If you have a Doctor and a Herbalist in your village, leave one assigned to each building to heal any of your villagers who get poisoned.
- Your workers should now head out to the poisonous plants and remove them. More importantly, they should not be doing anything else! You may as well set it to 4x speed to get it done as quickly as possible.
- Once all the poison is gone make sure you click on each building and reassign the workers to order them to resume their daily jobs.
By the next time you pass through a toxic cloud, you should have built a Decontaminator that will further assist in removing the poison. But the same principles outlined above will still help. Remember, it's an emergency, so all hands on deck!
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . Thank you.