Total War Saga: Troy has barely launched and its first set of mods are already floating around the internet.
The quickness with which the first Total War Saga: Troy mods appeared is particularly notable, given how the game skipped Steam entirely and mod support on the Epic Games Store won't arrive until next month.
While the first batch of Total War Saga: Troy mods don't considerably shake up the game, acting more like small tweaks, the community's dedication towards already altering the grand strategy game to their liking deserves highlighting.
Total War Saga: Troy First Mods
Reddit user CathayZero has posted seven Total War Saga: Troy mods aiming to tweak specific gameplay elements that some players might find annoying or slow. Here's the full list:
- battle camera, you all know that it is, enjoy Achilles' heel.
- Faster level up, reduced the exp requirement for each level by 30%. Also affect AI.
- Faster research, increased research speed by 100%. Only affect player.
- No requirement for legendary units, removed the gods favor requirement for units and agents. Only affect player.
- No strategic threat, removed strategic threat's diplomacy penalty. Also affect AI.
- Trojan horse from start, allow everyone to construct Trojan horse from turn 1, but the technology will let you get 2 horses from each construction. Also affect AI.
- unlock skills, when character select a main skill won't lock the other skill, but the spec skill upgrade still will lock the other one. Also included double skill points so you can unlock all skills at maximum level. Also affect AI.
Reddit user Freakfrogg also posted a smaller set of three Total War Saga: Troy mods:
- Removed morale buffs for AI difficulty, i like flanking to still be rewarding
- limited AI combat buff to +10% on hard difficulty up to legendary ( your elite units will win but will struggle a bit instead of feeling them week) but if there is better AI for difficulties it remains as default.
- removed the stupid artificial difficulty of public order. i think it was -8
Over on Total War Center, user KAM 2150 has posted two mods, one improving the game's combat camera and another addressing unit spacing.
Also on Total War Center, user thelastdodobird's No More Cheating AI mod removes the stat increases received by the AI on the Veteran battle difficulty, making for a fairer fight.
Head to Nexus Mods and you'll find TaejeoofWei's mod which removes the decay of God Favor from players while keeping it untouched for the AI.
Speaking of Achilles, if his moods prove a bit too fickle, this Total War Saga: Troy mod removes their penalties.
Another Total War Saga: Troy mod doubles the speed with which the end turn camera moves between locations, which is likely to prove handy when you've uncovered a great deal of the map.
The Sticky Mud mod is a good pick if you want that type of terrain to play a bigger role in combat. With it, combatants will move slower, heavy units being the most impacted as they're restricted to walking.
If you're tired of the AI recruiting agents, look no further than the No Agents for AI mod which does precisely what it says on the tin.
The Half Upkeep and Costs mod makes it easier to grow and maintain your armies as a player without letting the AI benefit from the change.
If any of the above Total War Saga: Troy mods sound interesting, you'll have to use the tried and tested method of copying and pasting files to get them working, at least for the time being.
Total War Saga: Troy is slated to receive full mod support at some point in September.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.