Valheim's world is brutal. Danger lurks around every corner and death has a fondness for paying you surprise visits. Luckily, a set of Valheim console commands and cheats can come to your aid if you want to better manage your server or not have to worry about getting killed.
Valheim's console commands give server owners a few extra tools that allow them to take better care of who can and cannot join. Cheats, on the other hand, only work in single-player and offer additional powers that either take more time to obtain through traditional means or aren't part of your arsenal at all. Using cheats might affect your game in unexpected ways, which is why we recommend you backup your data before activating them.
Valheim Console Commands
As of Update 0.148.6 you'll need to right-click on Valheim in your Steam library, left-click on Properties, then add -console in the Launch Options box to activate the in-game console.
You can then bring up Valheim's console by pressing F5 while in-game. Simply doing this doesn't activate cheats and grants you access to the server commands below. Do not include the square brackets when typing them in.
- ping - Shows server latency.
- kick [name/ip/userID] - Kicks specified user
- ban [name/ip/userID] - Bans specified user
- unban [ip/userID] - Unbans specified user
- banned - Shows a full list of banned users
- lodbias [number] - Sets draw distance to specified value
- help - Shows available server commands (not including cheats)
- debugmode - Enables the following options: B - free building; Z - flying; K - kills nearby enemies
- optterrain - Converts existing heavily modified terrain to new system introduced in update 0.150.3
As mentioned before, Valheim cheats only work in single-player. Activating them requires an additional step. After you've brought up the console using F5, type in "devcommands" without the quotation marks. You should get a message reading "Cheats: True", at which point you're free to use any of the ones below. Like with the above commands, remove the brackets when typing them in.
- god - Enables god mode
- ghost - Enemies ignore you
- heal - Heals you
- killall – Kills nearby enemies
- goto [x,z] – Teleport to entered coordinates
- raiseskill [skillName] [amount] - Raises named skill by set amount
- resetskill [skillName] - Sets skill back to 0
- puke - Resets hunger, changes health and stamina to default values
- tame - Tames eligible nearby animals
- resetcharacter - Resets character and inventory
- exploremap - Removes fog of war
- resetmap - Adds fog of war
- freefly - Activates free camera
- wind [angle] [intensity] - Sets wind angle and intensity
- resetwind - resets wind angle and intensity
- randomevent - Starts a random event
- help - Shows available server commands (including cheats)
- sleep - Skips to the next day
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .