Watch Dogs: Legion has now launched and Ubisoft is preparing to deploy the game's first hotfix, addressing various performance issues.
Watch Dogs: Legion's hotfix 1 aims to improve the framerate while driving and in a handful of other scenarios. This should result in a smoother journey throughout dystopian London.
Additionally, a number of crashes – including one that occurs when switching input controllers on PC – also count among the problems addressed.
Watch Dogs: Legion Hotfix 1 Patch Notes
Below, you'll find all the fixes and improvements in Watch Dogs: Legion's hotfix 1, as detailed in the full patch notes. The hotfix should already be deployed on consoles and is coming to PC on Friday, October 30.
- Global performance improvements on PS4 for smoother gameplay/driving
- Made several improvements to PC performance
- Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
- Fixed an issue that caused framerate drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
- Improved the framerate performance when driving
- Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
- Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4
- Fixed sporadic crashes on Xbox One/S
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched on a console set to TURKISH, INDONESIAN, GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI languages
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on Xbox One X when selecting a certain option in the Into the Void mission
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when browsing through the Premium Shop tabs on Xbox One
Ubisoft also points out that PC players can encounter crashes on outdated versions of Windows, recommending having at least updates 1903 or 1909 installed.
Watch Dogs: Legion is out now on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Google Stadia.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.