World War Z's Crossplay update is now live, its patch notes revealing a matchmaking pool that covers both PC and Xbox One, the addition of a new mission objective and more.
World War Z's crossplay capabilities will extend to the PS4 "at some point in the future", playes being able to toggle the option on or off, depending on their preference.
World War Z Crossplay Update Patch Notes
Here are all the changes and additions introduced to World War Z in its Crossplay update, as per the full patch notes:
- Added Virus Sample functionality in Campaign
- AI Director will randomly spawn containers with Virus Sample that players can pick up
- Virus samples can spawn from Bombers that are taken down without them exploding.
- The containers are fragile and they will begin to apply negative effects to players as they break.
- If players will manage to finish the mission with containers intact, they will get increased rewards
- AI Director can spawn several Virus Samples, Bomber will also drop them
- Added 4 new weapon variants with unique perks
- Pistol - Increased penetration and damage vs special zombies.
- Machine Pistol - Full auto variant, reloads primary weapon after a special zombie kill.
- Classic Battle Rifle - Semi auto variant, no penetration but deals a lot of damage.
- Battle Rifle - Full auto variant.
- Thumper Grenade Launcher - Incendiary grenades.
- War Heroes character skin pack (included for Season Pass owners)
- Slightly reduced difficulty in Hard mode
- Significantly reduced difficulty in Normal mode
- Less Special Zombies will spawn in Normal mode
- Increased preparation timer between waves by 20% in Normal mode
- Supply points rewards will begin to scale down later in Normal mode
- Added significantly more random pickups in Normal mode
- Increased Auto Turret maximum ammo
- Capped by 10 the amount of Auto Turrets that could be placed simultaneously
- Fixed one of the shops not spawning items
- Reduced the amount of ammo secondary weapons drain from ammo boxes by 50%
- Reduced ammo crate cost from 100 to 70
- Significantly increased both XP and currency rewards
- Tweaked Extreme difficulty settings to restore pre-patch balance (it was changed to support crossplay)
- AI Director will spawn less secondary weapon pickups
- Reworked Bomber drop, he will spawn better Primary and Heavy weapons when killed
- Fixed several issues with perks stacking
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Fixed issue that allowed players to clip through geometry in some places
PC Specific Fixes
- Added crossplay between Xbox in PvE
World War Z is out now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.