World War Z's Horde Mode Z update is now live, its patch notes revealing the addition of the eponymous horde mode, the new Bomber zombie that brings an explosive challenge to the undead waves, and more.
As part of Season 2's Horde Mode Z update, Season Pass owners also receive a Special Operation Forces skin pack.
World War Z Horde Mode Z Update Patch Notes
With the Horde Mode Z update now live, World War Z's second season has one more content drop left. It will containe the now-dealyed PvE cross-play support, new cosmetic items and paid DLC skin pack and is slated for release "early next year".
The reason behind the delay is due to how developer Saber Interactive wants "to make sure everything is up to standards on release". Here are all the changes and additions coming to World War Z in its Horde Mode Z update, as per the full patch notes:
- Added a new game mode: Horde Mode
- Added new Bomber special zombie that will spawn in all modes and levels
- Added Special Operations Forces skin pack (included for Season Pass owners)
- Activating certain mutators in private lobby will result in reduced currency and XP rewards
- The Flare gun can now spawn as a rare weapon on all levels. When fired, it will distract and burn zombies.
- Fixed Screamer not moving to attack player in some cases
- Bots will not attempt to finish off Spitter in melee if it is very far away from them
- Fixed issue with Hellraiser’s Technician perk not increasing the maximum number of targets.
- Fixed issue with prestige perks reducing max ammo instead of increasing it.
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Fixed issue with all ammo affecting mutators, that would result in giving players wrong amount of ammo
- Fixed issue with flamethrower continuing to fire even if player swapped to a different weapon
- Fixed another issue with prestige levels not saving correctly in some cases
- Reduced volume of Sniper Rifle firing sound
- Adjusted hit marker sound, now it is more subtle and will be affected by SFX slider in audio settings