The indie medieval town builderhas been updated to version 1.0.4, and the highlight is the floodgates bursting to community mod support. It's the "first official release supporting mods".
Memory usage has been beefed up to help saved games with larger modded maps than allowed by default. Still, maps too large will result in crashes. Steam Workshop is booming in trade for Banished.
Shining Rock has updated the mod kit to 1.0.4 Build 141103 and is available to download on the. Below is a changelog:
- Increased memory usage allowed for save games. This allows larger modded maps than default to be saved safely. However at some point very large maps will crash the game due to out of memory, or textures failing to be created.
- Trade UI now expands automatically for orders.
- Fix a bug that caused mods to become unreferenced in save games when opening the mod dialog in game and then pressing cancel.
- Fixed a bug that caused mods that should be unloaded to stay in memory if they were loaded at game start. This fixed random ghost buttons on the toolbar.
- Fixed tutorials not progressing properly.
The latest Banished update isto download and apply if you're not using the Steam version.