Revolution Software are celebrating their 25th Anniversary with a special collection of the company's full catalogue of adventure games, including the Broken Sword series, Beneath a Steel Sky, Lure of the Temptress and In Cold Blood. The ‘Revolution: the 25th Anniversary Collection’ will be released on the 11th March, 2016 at a price of £29.99 / €39,99 exclusively for the PC.
Lure of the Temptress, Broken Sword and Beneath a Steel Sky are pillars of the Point and Click genre (Sorry In Cold Blood), which we've all played a countless amount of times, so why would we want to pick them up again? There's actually a very good reason to buy this, as it's not just a quick collection of the games put together by Revolution Software, it also comes with an extensive list of physical and digital collectables.
"As a team, we feel very privileged to still be writing adventure games after twenty-five years, and are hugely proud of the loyalty and passion of our fans over this period. It is with great pleasure that we have put together this collection of our games, posters, comics and other material, as well as a comprehensive series of movies retracing the history both of the company and the games that we have created. We hope that it will appeal to all gamers who love adventure games," said Charles Cecil, Founder & CEO of Revolution.
The box set will contain comic books, posters, high quality audio tracks, a Broken Sword USB, and a digital timeline with extensive behind- the-scenes materials, plus a two hour documentary telling the Revolution story and the making of their games, featuring interviews with key team members of the development team and creative partners such as Dave Gibbons, Rolf Saxon and Barrington Pheloung.
Here's the full list of content found in 'The Revolution: the 25th Anniversary Collection:
* Broken Sword 1 – Shadow of the Templars
* Broken Sword 1: Director's Cut
* Broken Sword 2 – the Smoking Mirror
* Broken Sword 2: Remastered
* Broken Sword 3 – the Sleeping Dragon
* Broken Sword 4 – the Angel of Death
* Broken Sword 5 – the Serpent’s Curse
* In Cold Blood
* Beneath a Steel Sky
* Lure of the Temptress
* Comic Compendium for Broken Sword 1, 2 and 5 by Dave Gibbons and Angus McKie
* Beneath a Steel Sky Comic by Dave Gibbons
* 4 double-sided Posters
* Broken Sword USB Stick with the Soundtrack of all games (soundtrack also included on DVD)
* Audio CD with selected tracks of all Soundtracks
* Exclusive Interactive Timeline with 25 years of behind-the-scenes assets and information, as well as six episodic documentary movies covering the 25-year history of Revolution and its games.
I really want that Beneath a Steel Sky Comic... Do you want that Beneath a Steel Sky Comic? I do...
The Revolution: the 25th Anniversary Collection coming exclusively to PC on 11th March, 2016
27 January 2016 | 1 comment | By Jamie Davey
- Related Games:
- Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse - Episode 1
Subscribe for our latest Gameplay Videos!