We've known about Destiny 2 for a while, but it wasn't until the official reveal that we were reminded of potential PlayStation 4 exclusivity.
It's not bound to a single platform, but Sony have done a fantastic job of giving its playerbase extra content for big games lately - and that's likely happening this time, too.
Activision's Destiny 2 gameplay livestream quelled fears somewhat - for a while, at least. The 90 minute presentation went by with little mention of the PS4 exclusive content that was teased back during the official reveal a few months back. But by the end of the show, people had their reservations once more.
Before teasing PC fans with mention of extra bells and whistles thrown into their version and announcing Blizzard's content delivery service as being its home, Luke Smith made sure to give a nod to Sony for supplying all the "slick PlayStation 4 Pro consoles" that players would checking out for their hands-on demo sessions shorly after. Again, no specific mention of that exclusive content - but the name-drop was enough to remind fans that some for of exclusivity is going to happen. It always has. And they're still not happy about.
Reddit brought this issue to the front page relatively quickly. Upvoting a thread more than 400 times to bring attention to the presentation's flat-falling jokes and awkward viewer appreciation goes to show the effect console exclusivity can have. Imagine Opera giving away iPads to 60% of her audience; the other 40% aren't going to be in the cheering mood. Reddit user 'PutinPudding', for one, enjoyed the awkward moments: "The dead silence after his 'Am I right or am I right?' was so good". And he wasn't the only one.
Of course, that issue will likely become apparent to PC players, too. But maybe not straight away. Should the PS4 content be timed-exclusive, it could very well be readily available by the time us PC players get to take part in even the base game. Why? Because there's a very strong chance Destiny 2 isn't launching on PC alongside its console counterparts. While Activision made sure to mention the extra attention going into the PC version - going so far as to make it playable on the show-floor - they weren't yet ready to announce a release date for that specific platform.
With playable builds on the showfloor from the get-go, we can hope the PC version isn't going to too far behind its console bretheren.