Releasing as the go-to Valentine's Day gift to those without significant others or those with the best partners ever, Rebellion put out Sniper Elite 4 - the next-gen vision of their marksmen shooter.
Whether you're just using it as an excuse to shoot Nazi's in the testicles or joining in for the historical accuracy, it's still necessary to keep your game up to date. While there isn't bound to be many historical discoveries to 20th century ballistics that make updates of that nature a grade-A requirement, it's key to bagging a few new weapons, maps and campaigns whether you're shelling out for a season pass or not.
Sniper Elite 4 - Patch 1.4
Where is patch 1.3, you might ask? Don't worry about it. It's likely consolidated into this .2 incremental increase. 'popular demand' fixes are here alongside a bundle of singleplayer, multiplayer and fresh new content for those continuously craving that sniper fix.
- By popular demand:
- Allow players to use any unlocked or purchased allied DLC character skins in any game mode including Campaign, if they have previously completed the Campaign level.
- New Content:
- New multiplayer map (Fortress), FREE to all owners of the game and playable in all multiplayer modes including No-Cross.
- New survival map (Winter Market), FREE to all owners of the game and playable in both solo-survival and up to 4-player co-op.
- Support for Cold Warfare Winter Expansion Pack.
- Client no longer spawns out-of-world when host selects to restart a mission.
- Players no longer get stuck with a vote-in-progress when migrating to a new host.
- Fix tagging through walls.
- Aim-assist correctly rendered if difficulty changed during a co-op match.
- Danger Cameras no longer play in slo-mo when player has radial menu open.
- Altered neunfaust firing to reduce chances of player blowing themselves up.
- AI are now slightly more likely to avoid vehicles and should not get stuck on ladders due to checkpoint loads.
- Booby-trapped bodies now explode more reliably.
- Ammo pickups now collected faster.
- Fix rumbles occasionally getting stuck on when switching between gamepad and mouse.
- Fixed PS4 controller prompts where stick icons were being used instead of triggers.
- Audio no longer cuts out during Island cutscene introduction when the tutorial is disabled.
- Lots of audio fixes to improve performance, reduce stuttering and improve behaviour of Steam voice chat.
- Fix FMV subtitle size in eyefinity.
Sniper Elite 4 - Patch 1.2
Being the first major update for both free and season pass holders, you'd expect this one to come in as Patch 1.1. You'd be wrong. Bringing new modes, maps, weapons and the start of an episodic campaign, there's enough for everyone here - and maybe enough to convince you to invest a little more dollar if you haven't already.
- Free Elimination multiplayer mode, available on all existing multiplayer maps.
- Free Night Woods multiplayer map, supports all competitive modes including Elimination.
- Support for Deathstorm Part 1: Inception and Night Fighter Expansion Pack.
- Updated Achievements
- Applied various Steam controller fixes.
- “Drop Down” added to keyboard bindings for remapping.
- Ensured saves don’t occur while the player is in mid-air. Also reduced occurrences of saves next to an exploding vehicle.
- Vehicles now resume what they were doing previously when restored from a save, and no longer persist with dead targets. Tweaked tank and pillbox vision.
- Fixed various weapon glitches and bugs to reduce chances of players or AI having no visible weapon, or weapons held in the wrong pose or using the wrong animation. Picked-up weapons now retain their skin if that was not the base model.
- Scope will no longer allow the player to see through various objects.
- Fixed binocular reticule glitch in 3D.
- Standing in a bush no longer awards a foliage kill. Also improved the detection for various other stats and shot callouts.
- Bullet cams in Eyefinity and other super-wide resolutions should no longer zoom in excessively.
- AI now slightly less prone to exploitation by player during investigations. Dead bodies more likely to stop AI running into obvious death-traps.
- Applied various fixes for corrupt profiles.
- Fixed issues with various challenges:
- Fixed miscellaneous document on Giovi Fiorini Mansion
- The server browser can now be sorted on any column.
- The “Invite” button will now work when connected to dedicated servers.
- Dedicated servers will now be included in matchmaking.
- Dedicated servers now support remote connections from the Sniper Elite 4 RCON web interface. See our follow up announcement for more details.
- Applied various dedicated server fixes.
- Ensured Overwatch characters are restored right way round if starting from a save.
- Players will be harder to tag through objects.
- Applied various out-of-world and collision fixes to reduce exploits on all maps.