The path to completing the four campaigns in Aliens: Fireteam Elite will inevitably see players mowing down a plethora of different enemy types, from Xenomorphs to Synths. Far from just the lone hunter of the original movie, this time around we're dealing with full-on swarms of crawling opponents eager to poke holes in any humans unfortunate enough to intrude upon their territory.
Below, you'll find the list of Aliens: Fireteam Elite enemy types revealed thus far as well as how they will try to stop you in your tracks.
Developer Cold Iron Studios told IGN that it "expanded on the suite of aliens you see in the films quite a bit." At launch, the title features over 20 enemy types, including multiple Xenomorphs that fight both up close and from afar.
As we've delved through LV-895's dark ruins, here is the full list of enemies we've encountered so far in Aliens: Fireteam Elite.
- Egg - Static, easily destroyed from range, spawns Facehuggers when approached.
- Facehugger - Small and nimble, its melee attack stops you from firing as you struggle to keep it from wrapping around your face.
- Runner - Cannon fodder. Makes up the bulk of enemy forces, usually attacks in packs.
- Burster - Glows green. Explodes when killed, releasing deadly acid.
- Spitter - Ranged. Hides behind cover and lobs acid balls from afar.
- Prowler - Red carapace. Jumps on top of prey from closer range, pinning it down and damaging it.
- Drone/Monica - Evasive, harrasser. Pounces on foes, then escapes into nearby air shafts.
- Warrior - Resilient, powerful, can grab opponents and instantly kill them whn not pressured.
- Praetorian - Very difficult to kill. Bulletproof armored head plate used for ramming charges.
- Crusher - Also very difficult to kill. Behaves like a Praetorian version of the Runner.
- Combat Synth - Regular android enemies fighting at range using firearms.
- Working Joe - Melee android opponent wearking worker's clothes.
- Containment Synth - Uses a tall shield for protection and attacks using a deadly stun baton.
- Synth Warden - Ranged fighter that lobs grenades.
- Overcharged Warden - Warden variant that explodes in a large radius when killed.
- Synth Detonators - Kamikaze androids that explode when they get close to you.
- Synth Sniper - Heavy-damage android wielding a snipe rifle. Uses cover and fights from afar.
- Synth Heavy - Resilient ranged fighter that uses heavy weapons and rockets.
- Synth Incinerator - Resilient, like the heavy, but wields a flamethrower and is deadly up close.
- Auto-turrets - Small turrets that usually accompany synth forces.
- Popper - Pathogen-infected, small, headcrab-like creatures that rush you and explode if they get up close.
- Leon-895 - Pathogen-infected, monstrous, six-legged creature that can cloak.
- Pathogen-infected humans - Passive until shot at, swarm you and rely on melee attacks.
This is the full extent of the Aliens: Fireteam Elite enemy types list at the moment, its roster providing its fair share of nasty surprises. Thankfully, the Colonial Marines have five classes of their own, each bringing its own tools to fight against the Xenomorphs.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .