Cozy Grove's Update 1.7.0 is now live on PC, its patch notes announcing a new set of balance changes and fixes based on community feedback. Fish will cease frustratingly spawning too far away, while those of rarer quality will be slightly easier to catch, giving you less of a hard time completing some quests.
Update 1.7.0 also convinces imps to stop stealing bushes, adds some new dirt pile art, alongside a dedicated volume slider for UI sounds, and more. Developer Spry Fox will also split its team in two going forward, one half focusing on further quality of life improvements and bug fixes, while the other works on new content.
"This will mean that the updates we've been publishing so regularly might come a little slower or have a little less than you've gotten used to, but hopefully the payoff will be worth it this summer when we surprise you with a really big, hopefully-delightful major update," a recent Steam post reads.
Here are all the changes and additions introduced to Cozy Grove in update 1.7.0, as detailed in the article linked above:
- Remove old deleted inbox messages that increase save file size unnecessarily
- Prevent fish from spawning too far away (by the dark sunken island areas)
- Added normals for prettier lighting
- Some quests from Lee Berry can no longer be fulfilled with fence posts.
- QoL: merge multiple shipments from Allison into a single letter.
- Rarer fish categories are a tad easier to catch.
- Smaller fish nibble fewer times.
- Improved sorting of stacked & split items
- Added dedicated volume slider for UI sounds
- Added text note that trees and berry bushes produce wood, to help new users
- Added loading tip encouraging people to plant more trees and bushes
- Unlock both heartbroken imps and the Scoutmaster letter referring to them on day 20
- Fixed Charlotte's sunflower quest so you cannot donate the found flower
- Descriptions of high tier rocks and shrubs now include a helpful message if you are missing the right tool
- New dirt pile art
- You can now properly donate mid-level gems and in doing so unlock recipes for highest tier gems
- Automatically keep backups of save files in case saves gets corrupted by power outage, crash, etc.
- Fix bug where pro dowsing rod quest can show up too early
- Higher-rarity lamps now have proportionally larger light radius to compensate for their higher cost
- Add the ability to specify which items a quest consumes when the quest can consume multiple different items from your inventory
- Various bugfixes for the new quest turn-in UI functionality (letting you choose what you want to give to the bear)
- When appropriate, show the 'select next' action when interacting with a controller
- Reduce price of backpack expansions
- When you have no new story quests, other quests have a chance to give you a Spirit Log
- Made it harder to accidentally trigger a drag action when tapping on touch screens
- Fix for Wary Bear quest that some players were softlocked on
- Imps will no longer steal bushes
- Fix for the 'collect all' button not working in the mailbox.
- Reduce the quantity of onions required by onion salads
- Fixed some visual bugs with imps
- Added variety to camp tiles
- Fixes for some non-English text display issues, including Arabic
- Tutorial triggered by player scaring fish will trigger less often
- Prevent clothing storage upgrade from appearing in store if closet size has already been maxed out (the max closet size will be increased in a future update)
The console and mobile version of Cozy Grove's Update 1.7.0 is currently awaiting certification.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .