It's no secret that Crusader Kings 2's DLC library has grown extensively over the years. To make experiencing everything that the grand strategy game has to offer less daunting for new players, Paradox has now released an expansion subscription. For a low monthly fee, you can get access to all of CK2's post-launch content.
The CK2 expansion subscription is the second step the Swedish publisher takes towards making the title more accessible after the base game went entirely free-to-play. It now provides an alternative to purchasing all of the game's DLC for a fairly high price.
Here's what you can expect if you become a subscriber:
- 13 major expansions, including the fierce Norse of The Old Gods, the eastern riches of Rajas of India and the scheming vassals of Conclave.
- 12 unit packs, including new army sprites for your medieval forces
- 14 music packs, including two heavy metal scores
- 10 portrait packs of clothing and faces for rulers around the world
- The Game Converter which lets you export your saved game to Europa Universalis IV.
- The Crusader Kings II Ruler Designer, so you can create your own starting monarch.
- and many more improvements to the core game experience.
If you decide to stop being a subscriber, you will lose access to everything included in the expansion subscription, however, all of the DLC can still be purchased separately.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .