Diablo 3's Update 2.7.1 is now headed to live servers after the usual two-week testing period, giving eager players the chance to finally sample Season 24's offerings. Available starting with July 20, the patch adds Ethereals as a new weapon type.
As series veterans can probably tell, the Ethereal items coming in Diablo 3's Update 2.7.1 are inspired by those with the same name featured in the second game's Lord of Destruction expansion. Season 24 aims to honor the classic hack and slash RPG's legacy, which is quite fitting, considering the remaster is also coming later this year.
Diablo 3 Update 2.7.1
Below, you'll find details about Ethereals, class changes, and more that are on the way in Diablo 3's 2.7.1 Update, as detailed by Blizzard in the full patch notes.
Season 24 introduces Ethereals, a new weapon-type that players will be able to acquire and hunt for in their upcoming seasonal journey. Ethereals will roll a powerful set of affixes, a random Class Weapon Legendary Power, and a random Class Passive Power. Ethereals will have unique icons, names, item types, and sounds originally found in Diablo II. For additional details on Ethereals, check out the list below:
- Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be level 70 to drop. Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai's Cube or from Kadala.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- There are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
- Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai's Cube, Items or Skills.
- Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
- Ethereals can be augmented.
- Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play.
- Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
Monk | Skill Change:
- Mystic Ally - Fire Ally: Now splits into 2 splits instead of 5, but now all Fire Allies can split. Damage radius slightly increased and damage increased from 480% to 1920% weapon damage.
- Mystic Ally - Fire Ally: Improved Fire Ally AI so Allies now explode more consistently.
- Mystic Ally - Earth Ally: Damage increased from 380% to 4500% weapon damage.
- Rabid Strike: Spirit spenders that teleport you while Epiphany is active are also mimicked on a nearby target with 350-450% increased damage for free.
Wizard | Skill Change:
- Mirror Image: Mirror Image icon now displays a counter to display how many Mirror Images are active.
- Inna's Mantra 4-Piece Set: Gain the base effect of all four Mantras at all times. You gain 5% damage reduction for each Mystic Ally you have out. Your Mystic Allies no longer take damage.
- Inna's Mantra 6-Piece Set: Gain the passive abilities of the five runed Mystic Allies at all times. Attacking enemies creates your chosen Mystic Ally that lasts 15 seconds, up to 10 Mystic Allies. The damage of your Mystic Allies is increased by 3000% for each Mystic Ally you have out.
- The Crudest Boots: Mystic Ally summons two Mystic Allies that fight by your side. They deal 150% to 200% increased damage and are able to attack with their active forms longer.
- Bindings of the Lesser Gods: Enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take 150% to 200% increased damage from your Mystic Ally for 5 seconds. Split Fire Allies gain 5 times this bonus.
- Aegis of Valor 2-Piece Set: Attacking with Fists of the Heavens empowers you, allowing Heaven's Fury to deal 125% increased damage for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Masquerade of the Burning Carnival 6-Piece Set: Bone Spear cast by you and your Simulacrums deals 6000% increased damage.
- All Mystic Allies and their abilities now benefit from +Mystic Ally Damage.
- Fixed a bug where Shenlong's Spirit 2pc bonus did not trigger consistently while casting Tempest Rush.
Witch Doctor Ethereal Fix | The Gidbinn
- +200% to all Voodoo skills now properly benefits Fetish Sycophants.
Diablo III and its Reaper of Souls expansion are available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3 and Nintendo Switch.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .