Fallout 76 keeps things throughout the year interesting through both major seasonal updates and smaller, more frequent community events, which saw Double Mutations weekends joining their growing roster in 2021. Since they only stick around for a limited amount of time, you'll want to keep track of their 2022 schedule, ensuring you make the most of what they offer between their start and end dates
Introduced as part of the One Wasteland For All update, Fallout 76's Double Mutations weekend events play into the game's Daily Ops, which were the update's main feature. These are repeatable, randomized missions that pit you against different types of opponents, buffed up by one mutation that makes them more dangerous.
During Fallout 76's Double Mutations weekend events, Daily Ops become even more challenging, as enemies receive an additional modifier made up of a combination of two mutations.
The increased difficulty also means that these events award double the amount of experience and currency. On Elder difficulty, you also get double the number of Elder Cores.
Bethesda has already announced the start and end dates for Fallout 76's first batch of Double Mutations weekend events going into 2022. Here's how the schedule looks at the moment.
Fallout 76 Double Mutations Weekend Events 2022
- Fallout 76 Double Mutations weekend event 1: Start date: January 13; End Date: January 17
- Fallout 76 Double Mutations weekend event 2: Start date: January 27; End Date: January 31
- Fallout 76 Double Mutations weekend event 3: Start date: February 10; End Date: February 14
- Fallout 76 Double Mutations weekend event 4: Start date: February 24; End Date: February 28
- Fallout 76 Double Mutations weekend event 5: Start date: March 10; End Date: March 14
- Fallout 76 Double Mutations weekend event 5: Start date: March 24; End Date: March 28
More details about the 2022 schedule will be shared over the coming months and we'll update this article as soon as we know more.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .