Overwatch 2 didn't benefit from the smoothest of launches and, if you managed to get past the queue and log into the game, you might have encountered the LC-208 error code as you were disconnected from the game.
Indeed, Overwatch 2's LC-208 error code is accompanied by a message that informs you of the obvious fact that you've been disconnected from the game server. It's giving plenty of players headaches around launch and below we'll go into what we know about it and whether or not there's a fix.
Overwatch 2 LC-208 Error Code
From what we can tell, Overwatch 2's LC-208 error code could be tied to the shaky state of its servers around launch. The game was hit with at least two DDoS attacks, which outright blocked some players from joining games while disconnecting others who did get in from its servers.
While there doesn't seem to be a surefire fix that ensures you won't see it ever again, an article on Blizzard's support website sheds more light on a handful of things you can try for the game's console version.
For starters, if you've linked your console and Battle.net accounts, you need to make sure that you have a BattleTag. If the issue persists, the followings steps might help fix it:
- Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
- Reset your network devices to make sure your router hasn't become flooded with data.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Run your console's built-in connection test (Playstation 4) (Xbox One) (Nintendo Switch).
- Use your console's internet browser to run a Looking Glass test. This will help determine if the problem is between your console and our servers
That's what we know so far about Overwatch 2's LC-208 error code. Hopefully, the server issues present at launch won't linger for too long and we'll be able to soon jump into the hero shooter's first season without encountering any hiccups.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.