After a succesful launch, co-op shooter World War Z is steadily adding new features to the base game offering. The latest update, called Six Skulls, introduces a brand new difficulty level that makes the hordes even more ruthless.
The new Extreme difficulty level added in the Six Skulls update is available for all existing World War Z missions and emphasizes resource conservation and teamwork even more. On top of that, completing all levels on the new difficulty mode yields unique rewards.
World War Z Six Skulls Update Extreme Difficulty
The update is currently live on PS4 and Xbox One and said to be coming soon to the Epic Games Store. Here are the new features introduced with the World War Z Six Skulls update:
- Added new 6 skulls difficulty mode.
- Added Wakizashi melee weapon for completing any level on the new difficulty mode.
- Added unique Sniper Rifle variant for completing all levels on the new difficulty mode.
- Ammo crates now have limited ammo available based on difficulty level. The amount of ammunition drained from the ammo crate depends on the weapon and how much ammo the player has left. On average, the distribution is:
- Easy – unlimited refills.
- Normal – unlimited refills.
- Hard – 12 full refills.
- Insane – 6 full refills.
- Extreme – 6 full refills.
The Six Skulls update is the second free post-launch content offering received by World War Z, following June's Undead Sea update. As per its roadmap, a new weekly challenge mode, new weapon variants, character skins and accessories are set to come once The Big Update arrives later, likely in August.