The day is close at hand. The day when a 20 year legacy comes to fruition with Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom. With that, Focus Home Interactive and Enigami feel its time to formerly introduce its cast of anthropomorphic characters looking to save the world from itself.
We've mentioned it in countless posts before, but Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom has a history just as colourful as its in-game locales. Originally envisioned 20 years ago by a much younger Samir Rebib, the co-founder of Enigami will soon achieve his goal of putting those early ideas out there for all to see.
Aided by a massively successful Kickstarter campaign proving that it wasn't just a pipe-dream for the French developer, his original characters take form in this brand-new 'Meet Your Party' trailer.
- Chado - This daring young Waki dreams of travelling far beyond his home town Kimpao - and this desire quickly lands him in big trouble!
- Poky - A faithful friend to Chado, Poky has an incredible talent for engineering that makes up for his lack of courage.
- Rosalya - Shy but loyal to the party, Rosalya has a powerful affinity with fire and is on the search for a mysterious truth.
- Askel - A formidable young mercenary, the enigmatic Askel already has a far-reaching reputation in Mahera.
- Kayenne - A strong, natural born leader, Kayenne remains calm in even the most difficult situations.
Thought the combat of Shiness typically takes the form of 1-on-1 brawls, characters can baton pass between each other on a whim to make proper use of their unique abilities. Those left on the side-lines can chip in with spells for good measure - leaving an opening for a Hyper Combo to seal the deal.
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom hits PC April 18.