New Light is going to be a huge boon for everyone who's even remotely interested in Destiny 2, and with two weeks to go, chances are that you're wondering what content is free when the update launches.
The first information we had on free New Light content was that only the first year of releases would be available for players trying the game out, but the truth is that there's going to be far more stuff available even if you don't spend any money at all.
Destiny 2 New Light Free Content
For a succinct list of content, here's what's been confirmed so far:
- New first mission - Cosmodrome
- Red War (base Destiny 2 content)
- Curse of Osiris
- All of the Patrol areas/open world locations, including the Moon
- All Strikes and Nightfall missions
- Full Crucible (PvP) access
- Full Gambit (PvPvE) access
- Leviathan, Eater of Worlds, Spire of Stars Raids
- All future free content updates
That's a whole lot of stuff for no asking price at all, and it's all going to be available in two weeks' time, on 1st of October. Chances are, however, that there's more stuff coming for free, too. We've heard rumors of Menagerie and Black Armory content being made available for free-to-play Guardians as well, though this will have to be corroborated further.
For more information on the exciting release of New Light and Shadowkeep, check out our 'all-we-know' article, but we've also got stuff on all the new armor sets that are coming in Shadowkeep, as well as info on the game's all-new "Battle Pass" feature.