Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Romero Games today announced that Empire of Sin's first paid expansion, Make It Count, has locked down its release date to next week. It will also be accompanied by the strategy game's Precinct update, which is its biggest free post-launch content offering yet.
Empire of Sin: Make It Count introduces a new playable boss to its version of 1920's Chicago, in Maxim Zelnick's person. Described as "a boss who can cook the books just as well as he takes out the competition," his Bolster the Ranks ability allows him to call two reinforcements to his side during combat, while his Persuader submachine gun boasts an impressive rate of fire.
The new Loan Shark racket adds money lending alongside a set of dedicated events, while The Fixer is a new gangster profession able to bribe their way out of certain combat scenarios, but also use the Caltrops ability to disrupt enemy movement.
Empire of Sin: Make It Count also adds the MK VI Revolver, Coach Gun, STA 22, Lighting Carbine, and RSC M17 as new weapons, alongside the legendary Persuader and Golden Gewehr 98. 20 new missions and 25 new events are also part of the package.
The game's Precinct update also adds quite a bit of content for all owners of the base game. Here's how the developer describes it in an emailed press release:
- Precincts: Subdivisions of neighbourhoods that are controlled both by players and other factions. Players must secure Supply Lines between connecting precincts to ensure supplies and payments are flowing smoothly.
- Depots: Depots are well guarded and have reinforcements to offer longer, more tactical combats with a bigger risk...and bigger rewards. Each Depot is the central control centre for a given precinct: claim the depot, claim the precinct!
- Paths To Victory & Win Condition: There’s more than one way to take over Chicago!
- The Buy Out is a diplomatic win condition that allows players to eliminate another faction by paying them off. The targeted faction must be under player protection for 3 months and players must be at peace with the targeted faction with a faction rating of at least +300.
- Chi-Town Mogul - Claim victory by owning 40% of all rackets, with each of them upgraded to maximum level. Players still have the option to continue playing after seeing this victory screen!
- Improved Police: Handle the cops by managing your Police Activity number, a precinct-wide value representing the amount of police presence on the streets. Police Activity levels are affected by numerous factors including bribery, the strength (or
weakness) of diplomatic relations, and the vice investment level.
- New Depot and Safehouse interiors, as well as Gun Store, Mob Lawyer, and Boxing Club Improvement Buildings
Empire of Sin: Make It Count and the free Precinct update have both locked down their release date to November 18, when they arrive on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. The expansion is priced at £11.39 GBP or your regional equivalent.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .