Fallout 76's Update 16 is now live, a look at its patch notes revealing the addition of Holiday Scorched, map voting to Nuclear Winter and more.
Update 16 makes Appalachia a tad more festive, with the addition of roaming Holiday Scorched and the Santatron in your C.A.M.P, while also letting you decide whether people in your friends list can join your Private Worlds.
Fallout 76 Update 16 Patch Notes
Bethesda estimates Update 16's file size to be around 8 GB for consoles and under 3 GB for PC. Here are the highlights of Fallout 76's latest update:
- Holiday Scorched: Starting December 12, some of the Scorched will be spreading holiday cheer throughout Appalachia. Take them down to get a Holiday Gift, which you can unwrap to claim new loot!
- Ho! Ho! Ho! Santatron is Here: Unlock a free Santatron for your C.A.M.P. by visiting the Atomic Shop now until December 31. Once built, your Santatron bot will roam your C.A.M.P. to find items like toys, candy, and more.
- More Privacy for Private Worlds: We’ve added a new button to the Play Menu for Private Worlds that you can use to decide whether players in your friends list can enter your Private World.
- (NW) Map Voting: The Flatwoods and Morgantown maps are now both available in Nuclear Winter. Exercise democracy by casting a vote for your map of choice at the start of each match.
- (NW) Limited Time Holiday Challenges: Unlock exclusive cosmetics by completing Challenges in Nuclear Winter! Halloween Challenges return December 11, and Christmas Challenges begin December 17.
The Holiday Scorched will roam Appalachia for two weeks, from Thursday, December 12 at 11:00 a.m. ET until Thursday, December 26 at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Bethesda has also revisited Fallout 76's challenges in Update 16, tweaking them to be more player-friendly and removing those with too many requirements.
Update 16 also brings a variety of bug fixes to Fallout 76, which you'll find, alongside every other change detailed, in the full patch notes over on the game's website.
Fallout 76 is now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.