Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Paradox Development Studio today announced the release date of Hearts of Iron 4's Eastern Front-focused DLC, No Step Back, which is now slated for the latter part of November.
Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back enriches the options available to players who choose to tackle World War II throughout Eastern Europe, introducing new National Focus Trees for the Soviets, Polish, and Baltic states.
The new DLC also introduces a tank designer, giving you more freedom over how you shape your armored forces, alongside the ability to field devastating railway guns.
Here are Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back's main features, as detailed by the publisher in an emailed press release:
- New Soviet National Focuses: Communist Soviet rulers must also deal with a government system full of distrust and betrayal, but players can lift up party opposition to the leader, or even pursue a reactionary path of restored monarchy.
- New Polish National Focuses: Write a new history of Poland, with options to reform
the government, entrench the military rulers, or support a popular pro-Soviet uprising.
- New Baltic National Focuses: Shared alternate history paths for Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, as well as unique paths for each.
- Army Officer Corps: Build a general staff, drawing on the talents and expertise of available officers to take advantage of changes in technology and tactics.
- Army Spirits: Emphasize certain characteristics of your military arms, adding general bonuses to certain unit types or even aiding division design.
- Supply System Updates: Scorched Earth tactics, floating harbours and special supply units added to the logistics system.
- Tank Designer: Design your own armoured force using modules prioritizing speed, gun power, armour or even production cost.
- Railway Guns: Commission the grandest, most prestigious of artillery pieces, uniquely designed to deal with entrenched foes, and fortified positions.
Players who pre-order the DLC also get a new arrangement of Soviet folk song Katyusha, behind-the-scenes footage of its recording being available to watch on YouTube.
Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back, like its predecessors, will be accompanied by a free update, available to all owners of the base game. The DLC launches on November 23 and will set you back $15.49 or your regional equivalent.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .