Here's where we'll explain everything that's changing and being added with League of Legends Patch 11.16.
League's Patch 11.16 is making its way to the PBE for the annual three-week round of testing. During this time, players can get a first look at the MOBA's newest cosmetics as well as upcoming balance changes.
A look at its patch notes reveals its release date alongside the addition of several witchy Coven skins.
Riot Games updates its popular MOBA at a steady rate, which is why its patch schedule is necessary to keep track of when the next one's due out. The LoL Patch 11.16 release date is set for Wednesday, August 11, which is when the changes that make it through testing hit live servers. The extended testing period comes as a result of the developer taking its annual mid-year break.
League of Legends Patch 11.16
League of Legends Patch 11.16 brings as many as seven new skins for existing champions, this time belonging to a single line. On the PBE, players can try out Coven Ahri, Coven Ashe, Coven Cassiopeia (1350 RP), Coven Evelynn (1820 RP), Coven LeBlanc Prestige Edition, Coven Malphite, and Coven Warwick, all sporting a darker aesthetic.
The turnarounds below showcase each character model, giving a good idea of the predominantly red and purple hues that we can expect in-game.
The LoL 11.16 maintenance schedule is always revealed closer to launch. Usually, it takes about 3 hours for patches to be deployed across different regions. Checking our League of Legends Server Status article is a good way to keep yourself informed on server downtime caused by patch deployment or other reasons.
As far as balance changes go, League's 11.16 patch brings fairly significant changes for Sona, replacing her high mana costs and mana refunds with a stacking mechanic that should feel more rewarding for players who choose her in the Rift.
Developer Riot Games detailed the philosophy behind these changes in a post on its website. The goal is to avoid punishing players from casting Sona's abilities and give them an extra incentive and a bit more synergy from doing so.
In addition to that, we now also have a detailed picture of what to expect thanks to the League 11.16 patch preview. Diana's passive is getting a slight nerf, dealing 50% less damage to monsters. Fiora's Bladework now has a longer cooldown, while Lulu's W and R abilities have also had their cooldowns increased.
League of Legends' Patch 11.16 won't launch without buffs and Jarvan IV's passive and ultimate abilities will become more potent. Jhin's W and R abilities have had their damage increased, while Sivir's Ricochet benefits from an improved AD ratio.
11.16 Full Preview is here!— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) July 27, 2021
Again, reminder that this patch will hit live 1 week later than normal. pic.twitter.com/NS4aHZG0QY
Sona will also receive some further adjustments, starting with the removal of the AP ratio nerf. This comes in response to player feedback suggesting that the champion is now weaker. Here's how the changes look on the PBE:
LoL 11.16 Champion Balance Changes
Diana - Nerfed
Moonsilver Blade (Passive):
- Monster damage decreased to 250% from 300%
Fiora - Nerfed
- Cooldown increased to 11/10/9/8/7 seconds from 11/9.5/8/6.5/5 seconds
Jarvan IV - Buffed
Martial Cadence (Passive):
- Current HP damage increased to 10% from 8%
- Bonus AD ratio increased to 180% from 150%
Jhin - Buffed
Deadly Flourish (W):
- Damage increased to 60/95/130/165/200 from 50/85/120/155/190
Curtain Call (R):
- Minimum damage AD ratio increased to 25% from 20%
Karma - Changed
Gathering Fire (Passive):
- Mantra cooldown reduction increased to 5-7 seconds from 2-5 seconds
- Removed: No longer reduces cooldown on basic attacks
Inner Flame (Q):
- Damage decreased to 70/120/170/220/270 from 90/135/180/225/270
- Cooldown increased to 9/8/7/6/5 seconds from 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
- Mana cost decreased to 45 from 55
- Mantra bonus damage increased to 40/100/160/220 from 25/75/125/175
- Shield increased to 80/125/170/215/260 from 80/120/160/200/240
- Bonus movespeed changed to 40% from 40/45/50/55/60%
- Mantra nearby champion movespeed changed to 30% from same as ally spell was cast on
Lee Sin - Nerfed
- Shield decreased to 40/95/150/205/260 from 55/110/165/220/275
Lulu - Nerfed
- Cooldown increased to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds from 15/14/13/12/11 seconds
Wild Growth (R):
- Cooldown increased to 120/100/80 seconds from 110/95/80 seconds
Maokai - Changed
Sap Magic (Passive):
- Heal increased to 7-15% from 5-13%
Sapling Toss (E):
- Damage decreased to 20/45/70/95/120 from 25/50/75/100/125
- AP ratio decreased to 0.7% per 100 AP from 0.8% per 100 AP
Nunu - Buffed
- Movement speed increased to 345 from 340
Snowball Barrage (E):
- Total damage increased to 90% AP from 54% AP
Sivir - Buffed
- AD ratio increased to 30/45/60/75/90% from 30/40/50/60/70%
Sona - Changed
Power Chord (Passive):
- Accelerando: Sona gains Accelerando stacks from using her Basic Abilities well. She gains +0.5 Basic Ability Haste permanently per stack, up to 60 Basic ability haste. When she reaches 60 Basic Ability Haste, instead of gaining further stacks her current Ultimate Ability's cooldown is reduced by 1.5 seconds.
- Power Chord: After using 3 basic abilities, Sona's next Attack deals an additional (20-245 +20% AP) magic damage and may have an additional effect based on the song Sona last activated.
- Hymn of Valor: The Attack deals (28-336 +28% AP) magic damage instead.
- Aria of Perseverence: The target deals (25% +0.04% AP) less damage for 3 seconds.
- Song of Celerity: The target is Slowed by (40% +0.04% AP) for 2 seconds.
Hymn of Valor (Q):
- Sona deals (40/70/100/130/160 +40% AP) magic damage to the nearest two enemies, prioritizing champions. She then begins a new Melody. Gain a stack of Accelerando for every champion you damage with this.
- Melody: Sona gains an aura for 3 seconds, granting allied champions an additional (10/15/20/25/30 +20% AP) magic damage on their next Attack within 5 seconds.
- Power Chord - Staccato: Power Chord bonus damage (28-336 +28% AP) total magic damage.
Aria of Perseverance (W):
- Active: Sona restores (30/50/70/90/110 +20% AP) Health to herself and a nearby allied champion, prioritizing the most wounded. She then begins a new Melody.
- Melody: Sona gains an aura for 3 seconds, granting allied champions (25/50/75/100/125 +30% AP) Shield for 1.5 seconds.
- Gain a stack of Accelerando whenever you heal another injured ally and every time you protect another ally from at least 25 damage with this shield.
- Power Chord - Diminuendo: Power Chord also reduces physical and magic damage dealt by the target for (25% +0.04% AP) for 3 seconds.
Song of Celerity (E):
- Active: Sona begins a new Melody and grants herself (20% +0.02% AP) Move Speed for 3 seconds, extended to up to 7 seconds if she doesn't take damage.
- Melody: Sona gains an aura for 3 seconds that grants allied champions (10/11/12/13/14% +0.02% AP) Move Speed for 3 seconds.
- Power Chord - Tempo: Power Chord also slows the target's movement speed by (40% +0.04% AP) for 2 seconds.
- Sona strikes an irresistible chord, Stunning enemies for 1.5 seconds and dealing (150/250/350 +50% AP) magic damage.
- Enemies that know how to dance, will dance during the stun.
Tahm Kench - Nerfed
An Acquired Taste (Passive):
- Damage decreased to 8-60 from 12-60
Tongue Lash (Q):
- Healing decreased to 10/15/20/25/30 from 15/20/25/30/35
Vladimir - Changed
Crimson Pact (Passive):
- HP per point of AP increased to 1.6 from 1.4
- Additional AP decreased to 1 AP per 30 HP from 1 AP per 40 HP
Ziggs - Changed
- Mana increased to 480 from 420
Hexplosive Minefield (E):
- Damage per mine changed to 30/70/110/150/190 from 40/75/110/145/180
- Slow decreased to 10/20/30/45/50% from 30/35/40/45/50%
Xin Zhao - Nerfed
- Base AD decreased to 63 from 66
Sona's changes did, indeed, prove to be only the first that we're getting in League of Legend's Patch 11.16. We'll keep updating this article as we lear more about who's getting buffed or nerfed over the next days and weeks, so be sure to check back regularly.
While we wait, check out the Patch 11.15 notes detailing League's new champion, Akshan, and watch the Coven Cassiopeia and Coven LeBlanc Prestige Edition skins in action in the videos below.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .