Overwatch 2 Season 4 has been a blast thanks to Lifeweaver joining the support lineup as well as the removal of map pools, which gave the game a breath of fresh air. Let’s not forget about the Starwatch event, a limited-time game mode featuring a reworked Lunar Horizon Colony map, adding to that nostalgia effect for veteran players.
As we slowly approach what seems to be near the end of the season, many players can’t help but wonder, when is the Overwatch 2 Season 5 Release Date? Let’s dive deep into when you can expect the release of Season 5 and all the content that will be coming into the game in the upcoming season.
Overwatch 2 Season 5 Release Date
There’s no official announcement of when the Overwatch 2 Season 5 release date will be. However, looking at the pattern of start and end dates of all the previous seasons, which is roughly nine weeks, it’s safe to assume that Season 5 will launch on June 13, 2023.
The theme for Season 5 will be all about “Mischief and Magic”, and players can expect a host of new and exciting content. According to the official game roadmap, some of the new content also includes:
- Questwatch – A new limited-time event for players to complete and earn exclusive rewards.
- A new Cinematic Reveal – Get ready to be dazzled by a new cinematic trailer featuring Sojourn, one of Overwatch 2’s latest characters.
- Summer Games – Play your way through various summer-themed events and challenges to earn rewards.
- 5v5 Mini Comp Season – Climb the competitive ladder by playing in a five-stack-only competitive mode.
- On Fire Returns – The On Fire system returns, allowing players to know when they’re doing an excellent job in their team.
- Creator Workshop Mode – There’s not much info about this currently, but this could likely either be an update for the current workshop or a new mode.
Overall, Overwatch 2 Season 5 looks to be a jam-packed season with plenty of content for players to enjoy. With the possible launch date of June 13 right around the corner, players won’t have to wait much longer to experience everything the new season offers. Be sure to keep an eye out for more updates in the coming weeks as we get closer to the launch date.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , and giving us a like on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.