Phasmophobia's string of post-launch updates continues in January 2021, with a new set of exorcised bugs and quality of life additions.
The life of a ghost hunter is hard enough even without their dead friends accidentally grabbing nearby doors. As of Phasmophobia's January 2021 update, that should no longer happen thanks to a welcome fix. If you've been a fan of Edgefield's invulnerability-granting bedroom closet, know that it has also lost its powers.
Another significant change is the lowered camera night vision brightness on house maps, which should lead to fewer instances of players being unable to see ghost orbs. Here is the list of the most recent changes introduced to Phasmophobia, as detailed by developer Kinetic Games:
- Potential fix for ghost photos sometimes not working.
- Fixed a bug where dead players could use the Ouija Board if it was turned on.
- Potential fix for the Ouija Board not always spawning correctly in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug where Candles wouldn't always turn off for Non-VR players.
- Fixed a bug where teleport grabbing in VR didn't work when you were dead.
- Fixed a bug where you could still grab doors when dead.
- Fixed an issue where head mounted cameras were hard to grab in VR.
- Asylum: Fixed a bug where you couldn't take photos of the fingerprints on the grey doors.
- Edgefield: Fixed a bug where you couldn't be killed inside one of the bedroom closets.
- Potential fix for the CCTV monitor breaking if a player disconnects with a head mounted camera.
- Potential fix for the Ouija Board photo evidence not always working.
- Tanglewood: Lowered the volume of the rain sound.
- Non-VR: Swapping items from a turned on flashlight will now turn on your shoulder light automatically.
- Banshees will no longer listen for their non target players by sound.
- Changing character will no longer unready everyone.
- Increased the time sounds can be detected by the parabolic sound sensor from 2 to 3 seconds.
- Lowered the camera night vision brightness on all house maps to prevent situations where it is too bright to see the ghost orbs.
- Added an option in the "other" options menu to change the ports you use to connect to the server.
Phasmophobia is available now on PC in Steam Early Access.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .