Warhammer 40k: Gladius - Relics of War is getting a brand new DLC next week. The aptly-titled Fortification Pack will introduce 6 new static or slow-moving units that will allow you to reinforce your defenses like never before.
Ranging from lumbering mechanized infantry all the way to impregnable gun-fortresses, the Fortification Pack is coming out on the 17th of October, which means it's time to get the hype engine going if you're still enjoying one of Slitherine's most high-profile productions.
The list of new units coming with the Fortification Pack is quite respectable:
- Aquila Macro-Cannon - Space Marines - massive fortifications firing the extremely destructive Quake Shells, will help with maintaining a respectable distance between your base and your enemies
- Void Shield Generator - Astra Militarum - localised force-fields that protect key strategic emplacements of the Imperial forces
- Noctilith Crown - Chaos Marines - project a shielding effect over nearby Chaos forces while dishing out heavy damage to enemy Psykers
- Gauss Pylon - Necron - a high-powered defence turret that dishes out damage with devastating effect
- Big Mek - Orks - a Mek that's grown too large and too powerful not to be called 'big'
- Biovore - Tyranid - organic mine launchers that can carpet-bomb large swathes of terrain
Since each faction is getting a powerful new unit, none of Gladius's races will be left behind in the dust when the Fortification Pack releases. The variety that's present in this DLC will provide even more replayability to Slitherine's already impressive offering.