announce the next expansion to Crusader Kings II as Horse Lords, which looks to the nomadic rule of Mongol and Turkic steppe tribes, and how they impacted European history.
A new nomadic rule government is added, along with clan politics, and the option to Muster Hordes to raise a vast army. There's a Silk Road to exploit for trade, and the map expands in the Central Asian plains.
"The nomadic invasions of the Mongol and Turkic steppe tribes transformed the history of Europe, the Near East and much of Asia. Genghiz Khan built the largest contiguous land empire the world has ever seen. And now Paradox Development Studios brings you the clan politics, the mighty hordes and the migratory push for new lands that will bring this exciting and vibrant culture to life."
"With an expanded map, revised interface and new rules for successions and trade, Horse Lordswill immerse you in a world very different from the fixed settlements of Europe and challenge you to become the Great Khan – the Ruler of the Sky."
Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords releases 'very soon' teases Paradox.
Horse Lords features:
▪ Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
▪ Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
▪ Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
▪ Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
▪ Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
▪ Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
▪ Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.