World War II RTS Steel Division is getting a major update into beta next Monday, December 11th.
Titled "Santa Claws", the new update takes into account a lot of what the community has said and will change several important aspects of the game.
The update includes some significant meta changes meant to allow for more tactical freedom and increase the pace of the battles, making the game feel more authentic.
The list of changes include:
- Vehicles will be able to go through forests & hedgerows (at your own risk, the penatly will be quite severe)
- Vehicles' critical hits will be repairable by supply units
- Light AT units (up to 57mm) will now be able to enter buildings
- Reworked global damage & critical hit systems
- Decreased plane resistance (especially on bigger planes like J88 or B26)
- Adjusted vehicle off-road speed (concerns about 80% of the vehicles)
- Increased Short/Mid range precision
Given the importance of this update, Eugen Systems is releasing the update first as a beta, along with a survey to gauge player's reception of it. If you have any interest in Steel Division, you should check it out.