Here's where we'll explain everything that's changing and being added with League of Legends Patch 11.8. League's Patch 11.8 has now ended its stay on the PBE and has been pushed to live servers. A look at its patch notes reveals the release date alongside the addition of new champion Gwen, the Hallowed Seamstress, Blackfrost, Dragonslayer skins, and more.
As reflected in its patch schedule, LoL Patch 11.8's release date was set for Wednesday, April 14, which is when the changes that made it through testing hit live servers.
League of Legends Patch 11.8 comes with a set of six new skins. On the PBE, you can test Space Groove Gwen (1350 RP), Blackfrost Sion (1350 RP), Blackfrost Vel'Koz (1350 RP), Dragonslayer Galio (1350 RP), Dragonslayer Kayle (1350 RP), and Dragonslayer Twitch (1350 RP). The turnarounds below showcase how they look in-game.
The LoL 11.8 maintenance schedule is always revealed closer to launch. Usually, it takes about 3 hours for patches to be deployed. Checking our League of Legends Server Status article is a good way to keep yourself informed on server downtime caused by patch deployment or other reasons.
Gwen, the Hallowed Seamstress is the latest champion that joins the MOBA's extensive roster. Formerly a doll, she was brought to life using magic and now wields the scissors, needles, and sewing thread that animated her, infused with the ancient, protective magic of the Hallowed Mist.
Gwen, the Hallowed Seamstress
- Base HP: 550
- HP5: 7
- HP Per Level: 90
- HP Regen Per Level: 0.11
- Base Mana: 330
- Mana Per Level: 40
- Base MR: 32
- MR Per Level: 1.25
- Base AD: 63
- AD Per Level: 3
- Base Armor: 37
- Armor Per Level: 4
- Base Move Speed: 340
- Attack Speed Per Level: 2.25
- Attack Range: 150
A Thousand Cuts (Passive):
- Gwen's Attacks deal an additional (1% + 0.008% AP) Max Health magic damage on hit. Gwen recovers health equal to 70% of the damage this Ability deals to champions.
- Max damage to monsters: 10 +25% AP. Deals 8-30 bonus damage to minions below 40% health.
Snip Snip! (Q):
- 40 Mana
- 6.5/5.75/5/4.25/3.5s Cooldown
- Passive: Gwen gains 1 stack when she hits an enemy with an attack (max 4, lasts 6 seconds).
- Active: Consumes stacks. Gwen snips once for 8/10.75/13.5/16.25/19 +5% AP magic damage, snips again for each ammo consumed, and then snips an final time for 40/53.75/67.5/81.25/95 +25% AP magic damage.
- The center of each strikes deals true damage instead and applies A Thousand Cuts to enemies hit.
Hallowed Mist (W):
- 60 Mana
- 22/20/18/16/14s Cooldown
- Gwen summons the Hallowed Mist, making her untargetable to all enemies (except towers) outside of the zone for 5 seconds or until she leaves it. While in the Mist, Gwen gains 20 + 5% AP Armor and Magic Resist.
- Gwen can Recast this ability once to call the Mist to her. This will automatically Recast the first time Gwen attempts to leave the zone.
Skip 'n Slash (E):
- 35 Mana
- 13/12/11/10/9s Cooldown
- Gwen dashes and empowers her Attacks for 4 seconds.
- Empowered Attacks gain 40/50/60/70/80% Attack Speed, 10 +8% AP on hit magic damage, 100 range, and the first one to hit an enemy refunds 50% of this Ability's Coldown.
- 100 Mana
- 120/100/80s Cooldown
- First Cast: Hurl a needle that deals 30/55/80 +8% AP magic damage, Slows by 40/50/60% for 1.5 seconds, and applies A Thousand Cuts to all enemies. If Gwen hits an enemy with an Attack or Ability within 6 seconds of casting this, she can Recast it (up to 2 additional times.)
- Second Cast: Fire three needles to deal 60/150/240 +24% AP magic damage
- Third Cast: Fire five needles to deal 100/250/400 +40% AP magic damage
- Subsequent needle hits on the same unit slow by 15/20/25% instead.
- Max damage: 9x base damage plus 9% +.072% AP max health damage from A Thousand Cuts.
Rammus' gameplay update is also on the way and his ultimate is now a leap. He also gets some new snazzy new visual effects.
Rammus' Gameplay update will be rolling to PBE tomorrow, and here are some of his new VFXs~! ✨— ✂️ Little Sirhaian Doll 🧵 (@Sirhaian) April 1, 2021
Here's a video of his new Base VFXs~!
More info and skin changes in the thread below~ 👇 pic.twitter.com/SntkV7P5ao
We now also have a look at the patch preview, announcing various adjustments for items, changes for a handful of junglers, and more.
11.8 Patch Preview with tentative changes:— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) April 6, 2021
Feedback always welcome, the team is still making final adjustments on a few of these. pic.twitter.com/CmvKpDRl72
The balance changes coming in League of Legends' Patch 11.8 target Annie, Rammus, and items like the Chemtech Purifier.
LoL 11.8 Champion Balance Changes
Annie - Nerfed
- Mana cost increased to 90/95/100/105/110 from 70/80/90/100/110
Aphelios - Buffed
The Hitman and the Seer (Passive):
- Lethality changed to 3.5/7/10.5/14/17.5/21 from 3/6/9/12/15/18
Moonlight Vigil (R):
- Calibrum damage per mark increased to 50/80/110 from 40/70/100
- Severum healing increased to 275/400/525 from 250/375/500
- Gravitum root duration increased to 1.35 seconds from 1.25 seconds
- Infernum splash damage increased to 90% of initial damage from 85% of initial damage
- Crescendum chakram refund increased to 5 additional (6 total) from 4 additional (5 total)
Cassiopeia - Changed
Twin Fang (E):
- Mana cost changed to 50/48/46/44/42 from 50
Darius - Buffed
- Monster damage increased to 300% from 175%
Diana - Changed
Moonsilver Blade (Passive):
- Non-epic monster damage increased to 300% from 150%
- Attack speed changed to 20-40% (based on level) from 10-40% (based on level)
Dr. Mundo - Changed
Adrenaline Rush (Passive):
- Max health regeneration increased to 2.5% from 1.5%
Infected Cleaver (Q):
- Minions/monster damage cap changed to 100/200/300/400/500 from 300/350/400/450/500
- Health cost restore on enemy hit increased to 100% from 50%
- Flat bonus AD decreased to 30/45/60/75/90 from 40/55/70/85/100
- Max bonus AD decreased to 50/80/110/140/170 from 60/90/120/150/180
Gnar - Buffed
- Bonus movement speed decreased to 20/40/60/80%, decaying over 3s (based on R rank) from 30/45/60/75%, decaying over 3s (based on R rank)
LeBlanc - Buffed
Sigil of Malice (Q):
- Base damage increased to 65/90/115/140/165 from 55/80/105/130/155
- Total damage increased to 130/180/230/280/330 from 110/160/210/260/310
Lee Sin - Buffed
- Cooldown decreased to 8 from 10
Mordekaiser - Buffed
Darkness Rise (Passive):
- Monster damage cap increased to 180 (at all levels) from 28-164 (based on level)
Morgana - Buffed
Tormented Shadow (W):
- Bonus damage against non-epic monster increased to 200% from 150%
Orianna - Nerfed
Command: Protect (E)
- Bonus resistances decreased to 6/12/18/24/30 armor and magic resist from 10/15/20/25/30 armor and magic resist
Rammus - Changed
- Damage decreased to 100/130/160/190/220 from 100/135/170/205/240
Defensive Ball Curl (W):
- New: Basic attacks now extend the duration of Defensive Ball Curl by 0.4 seconds, up to a maximum of 4 additional seconds
Frenzying Taunt (E):
- Duration decreased to 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 seconds from 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds
Soaring Slam (R):
- Rammus leaps into the air and slams down, dealing 100/175/250 (+0.6 AP) magic damage and slowing enemies by 15/17.5/20% for 1.5 seconds. Rammus generates aftershocks at the target location for 4 seconds, dealing 20/30/40 (+0.1 AP) magic damage and stacking the initial slow up to four times. Damage near the center is increased up to 150% damage based on the distance traveled. If Soaring Slam is cast while Rammus is in Powerball, enemies near the center are also knocked up and dealt Powerball's collision damage, ending Powerball's effect.
Rumble - Changed
- Magic resist decreased to 28 from 32
- Magic resist growth decreased to 0.75 from 1.25
Junkyard Titan (Passive):
- Overheated bonus damage changed to 10-50 (+6% of target's maximum health) (+30% AP) from 25-110 (based on level) (+30% AP)
- While Overheated, Rumble gains 50% attack speed
Electro Harpoon (E):
- Electro Harpoon now reduces the target’s magic resistance by 10% (15% when in the Danger Zone) for 4 seconds, stacking additively
Thresh - Changed
- Cooldown increased to 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds from 9 seconds
Vladimir - Buffed
- Cooldown decreased to 9/7.75/6.5/5.25/4 seconds from 9/8/7/6/5 seconds
Yorick - Changed
Shepherd of Souls (Passive):
- Mist Walker damage changed to 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/13/18/23/28/33/38/48/58/68/78/88 (+25% total AD) from 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/14/20/26/32/38/44/55/66/77/88/99 (+30% total AD)
Mourning Mist (E):
- Initial leap damage decreased to 100% (normal damage) on first attack from 200% on first attack
- New: Marked targets take 40% increased damage from the next 8 attacks by a Mist Walker
Eulogy of the Isles (R):
- Turret priority changed to Attacks melee and ranged minions over the Maiden from Attacks the Maiden over melee and ranged minions
Zac - Buffed
Unstable Matter (W):
- Damage increased to 35/50/65/80/95 (+4/5/6/7/8% of target’s maximum health) (+4% per 100 AP) from 25/40/55/70/85 (+4/5/6/7/8% of target’s maximum health) (+2% per 100 AP)
Zed - Changed
Contempt for the Weak (Passive):
- On-target cooldown changed to Applies to enemy champions once every 10 seconds (i.e. no longer affects minions and monsters) from Affects all targets once every 10 seconds.
- No longer deals increased damage by 100% against monsters
- Damage against monsters changed to 300, capped only for epic monsters (at all levels) from 200/350/500 (based on level)
LoL 11.8 Item Balance Changes
- Ability power increased to 55 from 50
- Puffcap toxin ally empowerment changed to Healing or shielding another allied champion (excluding yourself) empowers both the ally’s and your next damage to an enemy champion with 60% Grievous Wounds for 3 seconds from Healing or shielding an allied champion (including yourself) empowers the ally’s next damage to an enemy champion with 60% Grievous Wounds for 3 seconds
- To match Chemtech Putrifier, Ardent Censer’s tooltip has been updated to specify the requirement of another ally. Their functionality is entirely unchanged
- Items that apply Grievous Wounds will now be called out in chat to notify your team when purchased
- Armor increased to 80 from 70
- New: 6 Magic Penetration
- Health decreased to 250 from 350
- Upgraded Aeropack (Ornn) health decreased to 350 from 450
- New: Upgraded Aeropack (Ornn) Magic Penetration: 10
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
- Total cost increased to 950 from 900
- Starlit Grace heal changed to 60 (at all levels) from 50-100 (based on target's level)
- Starlit Grace heal amplification changed to Each second spent in combat increases your healing and shielding power by 4%, stacking up to 5 times, up to 20% from Each second spent in combat increases the base heal by 12.5%, stacking up to 4 times, up to 50%
- Mythic passive changed to Increases Starlit Grace’s heal by 10 from Empowers each of your other Legendary items with 5 ability haste
- No longer empowers the next 3 instances of damage to deal an additional 35-55 magic damage
- New Passive Motivate: Empowering or protecting another allied champion (excluding yourself) grants both allies 25% movement speed over 1.5 seconds
- Mythic passive changed to 5 ability haste from 3% movement speed
Staff of Flowing Water
- Rapids passive changed to Grants 20 ability haste and 20-40 AP for 4 seconds from Grants 15% bonus movement speed and 20-40 (based on target's level) AP for 3 seconds
- Colossus bonus attack damage increased to Equal to 2% bonus health from Equal to1% bonus health
LoL 11.8 In-Game Shop Updates
- Purchasing a Mythic item from the All Items view now collapses the Mythic row. You can't buy another one anyway so we saved you some space!
- Fixed an issue where scaling the HUD could break parts of the shop. (Allan, add a joke about scaling here.)
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes. Now you can lose because of your lane phase rather than the shop.
LoL 11.8 ARAM Balance Changes
- Aurelion Sol Normal ⇒ -5% damage taken
- Fiora Normal ⇒ -5% damage taken
- Kassadin +5% damage dealt, -5% damage taken ⇒ +5% damage dealt, -10% damage taken
- Olaf Normal ⇒ -5% damage taken
- Rammus Normal ⇒ -5% damage taken
- Rengar +5% damage dealt, -8% damage taken ⇒ +8 damage dealt, -8% damage taken
- Ryze +5% damage dealt, -10% damage taken ⇒ +8% damage dealt, -10% damage taken
- Akali +20% damage dealt, -20% damage taken ⇒ +5% damage dealt, -5% damage taken
- Amumu Normal ⇒ +5% damage taken
- Leona Normal ⇒ +5% damage taken
- Ornn -5% damage dealt ⇒ -10% damage dealt, +5% damage taken
- Seraphine -15% damage dealt, +15% damage taken, -15% healing, -15% shielding ⇒ -15% damage dealt, +15% damage taken, -20% healing, -20% shielding
- Varus -5% damage dealt ⇒ -5% damage dealt, +5% damage taken
- Xerath -5% damage dealt ⇒ -5% damage dealt. +5% damage taken
- Yorick Normal ⇒ Increasing the number of deaths required to spawn a grave from 2 to 5
- Ziggs -18% damage dealt, +15% damage taken ⇒ -18% damage dealt, +18% damage taken
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where the Social panel would continuously flicker when loading the client
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where players would not be able to see specific champion stats in their Profile
- Rakan's E - Battle Dance's second cast now properly triggers Summon Aery
- Sion's R - Unstoppable Onslaught now properly knocks up really big targets
- Corrected Corki's E - Gatling Gun's tooltip to properly match its actual values
- Fixed a bug where Kennen's W - Electrical Surge SFX would continue to play after cast until his death
- Alistar can now generate E - Trample stacks against Morgana's E - Black Shield and Malzahar's Passive - Void Shift
- Fixed a bug where Kindred's Wolf's W - Frenzy would not attack the Rift Scuttler if the ability was cast prior to it entering the respective ability area
- Trundle's W - Frozen Domain now properly increases the healing received from omnivamp
- Fixed a bug where Jarvan IV would be able to leave R - Cataclysm's terrain if he activates Stridebreaker and casts the ability simultaneously
- Fixed Orianna's tooltip which switched the damage and shield values of E - Command: Protect
- Yuumi can no longer activate Moonstone Renewer when casting W2 - Change of Plan repeatedly on an out-of-range ally that is in combat
- Fixed an issue where Ironspike Whip's, Goredrinker's, and Stridebreaker's passives would not remove spell shields from enemy champions
- Fixed a bug where Prowler's Claw's Sandswipe passive would still apply damage and its debuff to targets with spell shields
- Knight's Vow's Sacrifice passive now properly redirects damage from allied Pledged champions to the user even when they're untargetable
- When Kayle has Kraken Slayer and uses E - Starfire Spellblade as a third attack, she will now properly deal true damage
- Jayce now properly deals true damage on his third attack (with Kraken Slayer equipped) with Mercury Cannon in all instances, not just when he crits
- Dark Waters Diana's VO now properly play when she casts Q - Crescent Strike
- Battle Academia Caitlyn's W - Yordle Snap Trap hit VO now plays from Caitlyn's location instead of the trap's location. Her R - Ace in the Hole cast VO also now plays for all enemies and allies.
- Fiora's R - Grand Challenge VO now plays from her location instead of her target's location
You can also check out our article on Patch 11.7 and see the Dragonslayer Kayle skin unleash fiery justice in the video below.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .