With Preseason 2021 in full swing, League of Legends' Patch 10.24 has now launched, its patch notes announcing its release date alongside the addition of a large set of new Cosmic skins and item changes.
As per Riot's patch schedule, LoL Patch 10.24's release date was slated for Tuesday, November 24, which is when the changes hit live servers.
The LoL 10.24 maintenance schedule was revealed closer to launch. Usually, it takes about 3 hours for patches to be deployed. Checking our League of Legends Server Status article is a good way to keep yourself informed on server downtime caused by patch deployment or other reasons.
LoL Patch 10.24
League of Legends' Patch 10.24 introduces a whopping ten new skins, nine of which are from the Cosmic line.
These include Cosmic Anivia (1350 RP), Cosmic Illaoi (1350 RP), Cosmic Nami (1350 RP), Cosmic Nidalee (1350 RP), Cosmic Hecarim (1350 RP), Cosmic Varus (1350 RP), Cosmic Vladimir (1350 RP), Cosmic Skarner (1350 RP), Dark Cosmic Lissandra (1350 RP), and Prestige Star Guardian Soraka (100 Prestige Points).
As with every patch, Riot KateyKhaos has provided a set of turnaround images that give players a better idea of what they can expect from the MOBA's new skins.
Kha'Zix is also in line to receive updates to the visual effects of both his base model and several skins in League of Legends' Patch 10.24.
Lead Gameplay Designer Mark Yetter has shared a preview of the changes coming in LoL 10.24, revealing a continued focus on item changes.
This is no surprise, following the large number of preseason 2021 changes that introduced quite a few new items and modified many others.
Champions, however, won't be entirely neglected. Tryndamere is set to receive buffs while Kayle, Samira and Hecarim have nerfs coming their way.
10.24 Preview with changes— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) November 17, 2020
-A few additions (Amumu, Cosmic Drive, Icons)
-It's so much that we needed 2 images
Keep the feedback coming, were steadily moving closer to a stable state, pace feels pretty good so far. pic.twitter.com/RQUqfeUiXS
In addition, he also shared a number of tank hotfixes that have already been pushed to live servers, as seen in the tweet below.
Tanks nerf Hotfix coming today:— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) November 16, 2020
Hits Sunfire and Frostfire a bit harder than Chemtank.
Also includes bugfixes for Wardstone exploit and jungle+support starters. pic.twitter.com/7apxQz4UMw
As far as champion changes go, LoL Patch 10.24 has had a slow start with just a handful of changes to marksman champion Varus.
LoL 10.24 Champion Balance Changes
Amumu - Nerfed
- Base damage decreased to 4/6/8/10/12 from 5/7.5/10/12.5/15
- AP ratio decreased to 0.25% max HP (every half second) per 100 AP from 0.5% per 100 AP (every half second)
Galio - Changed
Collossal Smash (Passive):
- Now properly scales with Ability Haste
Hecarim - Nerfed
- AD from movespeed decreased to 12-24% (level 1/3/6/9/12/15/18) from 15-30% (level 1/3/6/9/12/15/18)
Devastating Charge (E) :
- Movement speed decreased to 25-75% (based on time active) from 25-85% (based on time active)
Kayle - Nerfed
Divine Ascent (Passive):
- Bonus attack speed decreased to 1% per 100 ability power from 2% per 100 ability power
Samira - Nerfed
Daredevil Impulse (Passive):
- Melee blade damage ratio decreased to 7.5% AD from 10%
- Dash range against immobilized enemies decreased to 650/725/800/875/950 (level 1/4/8/12/16) from 800/850/900/950/1000 (level 1/4/8/12/16)
Tryndamere - Buffed
- Passive attack damage increased to 10/15/20/25/30 from 5/10/15/20/25
- Attack damage per 1% missing health increased to 0.15/0.25/0.35/0.45/0.55 from 0.15/0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35
Varus - Changed
Piercing Arrow (Q):
- Cooldown is no longer reduced by 3 seconds if Piercing Arrow detonates on a Blighted enemy
- Damage from Blight effects detonated with Piercing Arrow are now increased by the amount of time Varus charges it for up to 50%, in addition to increasing Piercing Arrow’s damage for up to 50%
- Piercing Arrow will now show crit text when fully charged
Blighted Quiver (W):
- New: Detonating a Blight stack on enemy champions and Epic Monsters now reduces all basic cooldowns by 12% of the max cooldown per stack
- Bonus damage decreased to 7/8/9/10/11 from 7/10.5/14/17.5/21
Chain of Corruption (R):
- New: Varus now snaps to face the target direction on start of cast
- Missile speed decreased to 1500 from 1950
Yasuo - Changed
Way of the Wanderer (Passive):
- Way of the Wanderer's crit-related effects now wait to activate until any other effects that care about crit have been taken care of. This primarily means crit chance is no longer doubled before Guinsoo's Rageblade calculates its on-hit damage
Yone - Changed
Way of the Hunter (Passive):
- Way of the Hunter's crit-related effects now wait to activate until any other effects that care about crit have been taken care of. This primarily means crit chance is no longer doubled before Guinsoo's Rageblade calculates its on-hit damage
LoL 10.24 Item Balance Changes
Archangel's Staff - Buffed
- Mana increased to 500 from 400
Blade of the Ruined King - Nerfed
- Cost increased to 3200 gold from 3100 gold
- Attack speed decreased to 25% from 30%
Cosmic Drive - Buffed
- AP increased to 75 from 70
Demonic Embrace - Changed
- Damage over time changed to 1.2% max health magic damage every second for 3 seconds from 1.5% max health magic damage every second for 4 seconds
Eclipse - Nerfed
- Cooldown increased to 8 seconds for melee; 16 seconds for ranged from 6 seconds for melee; 12 seconds for ranged
Emberknife - Changed
- Omnivamp decreased to 10% (including AoE damage) from 12%
Essence Reaver - Buffed
- AD increased to 50 from 40
Hailblade - Changed
- Omnivamp decreased to 10% (including AoE damage) from 12%
Hextech Rocketbelt - Nerfed
- Supersonic damage decreased to 175-250 magic damage from 200-300 magic damage
Kraken Slayer - Buffed
- AD increased to 65 from 60
- Wyrmfallen Sacrifice damage increased to 85 from 80
- Damage ratio increased to 45% AD from 30% AD
- Guinsoo's Rageblade now properly triggers at all ranges when the holder also has Kraken Slayer
Liandry's Anguish - Nerfed
- Torment damage ratio decreased to 1.5% AP from 2.5% AP
Lich Bane - Nerfed
- Damage ratio decreased to 40% AP from 50% AP
Luden's Tempest - Nerfed
- Echo damage ratop decreased to 10% AP from 15% AP
- Echo ovement speed decreased to 15% from 30%
Manamune - Buffed
- Mana increased to 500 from 400
Moonstone Renewer - Changed
- Healing changed to 60-90 (ally levels 1-18), increased by 25% each second spent in combat with champions (maximum 100%) from 30-60 (ally levels 1-18), increased by 37.5% each second spent in combat with champions (maximum 150%)
- Fully fixed an issue where Moonstone Renewer was not renewing if the ally is in champion combat, but the owner is not
Muramana - Buffed
- Mana increased to 860 from 850
Nashor's Tooth - Nerfed
- Icathian Bite damage ratio decreased to 20% AP from 25% AP
Night Harvester - Nerfed
- Soulrend damage decreased to 125-200 (level 1-18) from 175-250 magic damage (level 1-18)
Phantom Dancer - Buffed
- Cost decreased to 2700 gold from 2900 gold
- Spectral Waltz duration increased to 3 seconds from 2 seconds
Prowler's Claw - Buffed
- Attack damage increased to 60 from 55
- Sandshrike's claw attack damage increased to 80 from 75
Riftmaker - Changed
- Void Corruptuion damage to 2% per second (max 10%) from 3% per second (max 15%)
Seraph's Embrace - Buffed
- Mana increased to 860 from 850
Serpent's Fang - Buffed
- Shield Reaver damage increased to 70 physical damage from 50 physical damage
Tear of the Goddess - Changed
- Mana increased to 240 from 150
- Maximum mana from stacks decreased to 360 from 450
Midlane Minion Changes
- Midlane Cannon Minions now give 10 less gold
- Midlane Cannon Minions now gain 30% increased attack speed against towers
Behavioral Systems Update
- If there is an AFK player detected on your team after the 10-minute mark, a surrender vote can occur. For now, this change will only apply to Summoner's Rift and the vote must be unanimous. If the vote isn’t unanimous, at the 15-minute mark the team can vote again, now only needing a majority vote.
- If a player on your team leaves during a ranked match or is detected as AFK, your LP loss may be reduced. Premades with a disconnect/AFK, provisional players, and players in promotion series will not receive this loss reduction.
Item Shop and Icon Improvements
- Updates to over 60 item icons
- Stomped a ton of bugs in the shop. Our shoes are now disgusting.
- The font size of the shop’s gold display has been embiggened
- Future’s Market now displays your debt limit in the shop.
- Recommended item card titles are now bolder
- Fixed a bug where the tags in recommended item cards had too much padding. We took them to the gym.
- When there is only one or two actual recommendations, no empty item cards will appear in the shop
- Fixed purchase button hover and clicked states
- Player chat will now display behind the item shop until you decide to open it
- Many many fixes to items appearing (or not appearing) in the correct tabs and filter groups
- Selected items in the shop will now have sweet looking magic surrounding them
- Darkened the borders of items you can’t afford to better differentiate them from the ones you can (more coming here soon)
- Made it easier to determine when a recommended item is not affordable
- While the shop is opened, you can now open the extended stats pane
VFX and SFX Updates
- PASSIVE - UNSEEN THREAT Blade VFX more glowy; target effects better fit into the Void color scheme
- BASIC ATTACK Updated swipes and new hit effects
- Q - TASTE THEIR FEAR Updated isolated target indicator; reduced noise on target VFX
- W - VOID SPIKE New missile trail effects. Updated Explosion area of effect to match the hitbox.
- E - LEAP Reduced noise on landing effect. Updated area of effect to match the hitbox.
- R - VOID ASSAULT Updated cloaking effect. Improved decloaking effect.
- MECHA KHA’ZIX W rockets stay closer to the missile hitbox. Updated W and E area of effects.
- GUARDIAN OF THE SANDS KHA’ZIX Updated W and E area of effects
- DEATH BLOSSOM KHA’ZIX Updated W and E area of effects
- DARK STAR KHA’ZIX Updated W and E area of effects
- CHAMPIONSHIP KHA’ZIX Updated W and E area of effects
- Q - PLASMA FISSION Hit sound no longer plays twice when the Q hits an enemy for the first time before splitting on base and all skins.
- BATTLECAST VEL’KOZ Dance sound effects now loop correctly. Restored the sound that plays while the Q plasma bolt travels after splitting has been restored.
- ARCLIGHT VEL’KOZ Dance sound effects now loop correctly. Restored the sound that plays when an enemy has been hit by the W detonate.
- INFERNAL VEL’KOZ Vel'Koz will now play metal sounds when hit instead of flesh sounds. Restored respawn sound effects. Restored the sound that plays when a second stack of his passive is applied to enemy champions.
ARAM Balance Changes
- Ezreal -5% damage dealt ⇒ -3% damage dealt
- MINION AOE DAMAGE Minions now take 75% damage from AoE attacks and abilities
- TEAR OF THE GODDESS STACKING TIME 100% faster ⇒ 50% faster
- SS CDR TO SS HASTE CHANGE Players now gain 70 Summoner Spell Haste rather than 40% Summoner Spell CDR
- HORIZON FOCUS BUGFIX Horizon Focus will now properly proc off of long-range snowballs
- LEAGUE CLIENT: We have made improvements to the Champion Select grid, providing a smoother and more reliable experience. It'll take less time to ban and lock in champions, and animations will feel smoother.
- LEAGUE CLIENT: The Reconnect button should no longer display after a match has completed. Players should now experience the appropriate end-of-game process.
- LEAGUE CLIENT: When the minimum resolution for the client is selected, Summoner Spell descriptions should not longer be blocked
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Skin chromas no longer show the incorrect champion
- LEAGUE CLIENT: The “This skin is currently not available to purchase” tooltip should no longer appear when entering Champion Select
- The player chat has been updated to the new UI tech we’re using in the shop (and other places). It may look a little different, but it still has the same good heart
- If Lissandra uses R - Frozen Tomb after using the Hextech Rocketbelt, she no longer gains an increased amount of healing
- Moving around Stridebreaker to a new item box location no longer refreshes its cooldown
- Silvermere Dawn no longer increases movement speed and its tooltip now reflects as such
- Guinsoo's Rageblade no longer deals damage to turrets
- Presence of Mind's mana regen bonus no longer resets every time the champion attacks an enemy champion
- Resistance Yorick's R - Eulogy of the Isles's Maiden of the Mist will no longer automatically move above him when he recalls
- The champion using Shurelya's Battlesong to buff an ally that receives a kill now properly receives assist credit
- Yone can no longer critically strike with Guinsoo's Rageblade when he uses his third Q - Mortal Steel attack in melee range
- Divine Sunderer's passive damage no longer works against turrets
- Zoe's E2 - Sleepy Trouble Bubble and Vel'Koz's Q2 - Plasma Fission now properly proc Horizon Focus
- Activating Turbo Chemtank when moving towards a first-tier turret with plates and out-of-vision no longer gives bonus movement speed
- Players can no longer one-hit kill jungle creep (including the Drakes) through a series of steps involving Smite
- Projectiles from Hextech Rocketbelt's Supersonic no longer goes through champion-created terrain
- Fixed Hextech Rocketbelt's, Galeforce's, and Stridebreaker's tooltips to indicate that their dashes cannot pass through terrain
- Tear of the Goddess' mana charge no longer triggers off abilities used on Gangplank's barrels
- Fizz's W - Seastone Trident can no longer trigger Tear of the Goddess' mana charge twice
- Ornn no longer causes crashes when picked in Intro Co-Op vs. AI games
- Lucian's Passive - Lightslinger properly triggers Muramana's on-hit bonus damage
- Muramana's on-hit bonus damage now properly doubles every third attack when the user also has a Guinsoo's Rageblade
- Garen's E - Judgment's crit damage bonus is now properly 33%
- Tahm Kench's Q - Tongue Lash + W - Devour combo now properly breaks the Rift Scuttler's shield
- Ekko's R - Chronobreak no longer forces him to attack the closest target on arrival
- Miss Fortune's Serylda's Grudge or Everfrost-empowered E - Make It Rain no longer slows the enemy more than intended
- Katarina can no longer stack Grievous Wounds effects with R - Death Lotus
- Picking up a Summoner Spell shard as Zoe with W - Spell Thief while casting a Teleport shard will no longer duplicate the Teleport shard
- Revitalize now properly increases heals and shields you cast onto or receive from allies by the intended amount
LoL Patch 10.24 has concluded its stay on the PBE, meaning there will not be any further changes.
Check out the 10.23 patch notes for more changes introduced with Preseason 2021 and watch the videos below to see the Cosmic Varus and Dark Cosmic Lissandra skins in action.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.