Here's where we'll explain everything that's changing and being added with League of Legends Patch 11.5. League of Legends Patch 11.5 has broken free from the PBE, with a look at its patch notes revealing the release date, the addition of three very yellow Bee skins, and a first set of changes that target a few of the MOBA's items and champions.
As reflected in its patch schedule, LoL Patch 11.5's release date was set for Wednesday, March 3, which is when the planned changes hit live servers.
League of Legends Patch 11.5 comes with a set of three new Bee skins that boast a fairly different aesthetic from 2021's past offerings. The Bee'maw (1350 RP), Beezahar (1350 RP), and Yuubee (1350 RP) skins herald Spring's arrival while sparking the debate on whether Yuumi is now a cat bee or a bee cat. The turnarounds below showcase how they look in-game.
The LoL 11.5 maintenance schedule is always revealed closer to launch. Usually, it takes about 3 hours for patches to be deployed. Checking our League of Legends Server Status article is a good way to keep yourself informed on server downtime caused by patch deployment or other reasons.
According to Riot Beardilocks, the Bee skins always reverted to the same face when the champions donning them died, despite the team using a face randomization tech. This is the reason why their eyes now get replaced by two Xs when they die.
Fun fact - the tech we used to randomize the faces of the bees would result in them always reverting to the same face when they died. That's why I suggested we had them revert to little XX eyes to show they had passed. https://t.co/opAYfJKZMz— Riot Beardilocks (@Beardilocks) February 17, 2021
Hecarim is also getting a VFX update that adds hoof prints to all his skins alongside various other enhancements.
Spooky Horse with a fresh new spooky look should hitting pbe soon.— Jason 🌹 (@Lanky_Tree) February 17, 2021
-HOOF PRINTS on a l l skins
- An actual Fire tail no more solid shape!
- Cleaner Arcade Visuals
- further enhanced thematic elements on elderwood and other skins pic.twitter.com/ZQwlDTalu2
The Kayn skin portrait bug is also getting squished in March.
The Kayn skin portrait bug will be fixed in 11.5! (:— kateyopeia - the snake era 🐍 (@moonstonesxo) February 23, 2021
We also have a better look at the upcoming balance changes planned for League's Patch 11.5, thanks to the traditional patch preview:
11.5 Patch preview with the full changes. Not 100% final but we're getting close.— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) February 23, 2021
Samira (a bit overnerfed) and Qiyana added to the buff list as well. pic.twitter.com/RJjQsNTW1e
As far as LoL Patch 11.5 balance changes go, it's off to a slower start, bringing nerfs to Manamune and Essence Reaver.
LoL 11.5 Champion Balance Changes
Azir - Nerfed
- Sand soldier damage decreased to 50-150 (levels 1-18) from 60-160 (levels 1-18)
Gragas - Nerfed
Barrel Roll (Q):
- Mana cost increased to 80 from 60/65/70/75/80
Jax - Buffed
- Damage growth increased to 4.25 from 3.38
Karma - Buffed
Inner Flame (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 from 9/8.5/8/7.5/7
Kog'Maw - Buffed
Bio-Arcane Barrage (W):
- Bonus damage increased to 3/4/5/6/7% of target's maximum health from 3/3.75/4.5/5.25/6% of target's maximum health
Master Yi - Buffed
Wuju Style (E):
- Base damage increased to 20/30/40/50/60 from 18/26/34/42/50
Pyke - Changed
Gift of the Drowned Ones (Passive):
- Grey health storage changed to 10% of damage taken (+25% lethality), increased to 35% of damage taken (+50% lethality) when 2 or more enemies are nearby from 25-50% of damage taken (levels 1-18)
Qiyana - Buffed
- Bonus damage increased to 8/22/36/50/64 (+45% AP) from 8/16/24/32/40 (+30% AP)
Supreme Display of Talent (R):
- Damage increased to 100/200/300 from 100/170/240
Rammus - Nerfed
- Health growth decreased to 80 from 95
Rell - Nerfed
- Armor decreased to 32 from 35
- Crash Down and Mount Up cooldown increased to 13 from 11
Samira - Buffed
- Damage growth increased to 3 from 2.3
- Damage ratio increased to 80/90/100/110/120% from 80/87.5/95/102.5/110%
Sejuani - Buffed
Winter's Wrath (W):
- Second hit damage ratio increased to 6% of Sejuani’s maximum health from 5.25% of Sejuani’s maximum health
Seraphine - Changed
Stage Presence (Passive):
- Note damage changed to 4/8/14/24 (levels 1/6/11/16) from 4-16 (levels 1-18)
- Notes from allies now only deal 25% damage of Seraphine’s Note damage to all targets, including minions
- Seraphine's Notes no longer decay in damage to non-minions
- Cooldown increased to 180/150/120 seconds from 160/140/120 seconds
Shaco - Changed
Jack in the Box (W):
- Base damage decreased to 10/15/20/25/30 from 15/20/25/30/35
- Single target base damage decreased to 25/40/55/70/85 from 35/50/65/80/95
- Deals 10/20/30/40/50 an additional 10/20/30/40/50 damage to monsters
Trundle - Buffed
- Cooldown decreased to 3.5 seconds from 4 seconds
Twitch - Changed
Deadly Venom (Passive):
- Damage ratio per stack decreased to 2.5% AP from 3% AP
Spray and Pray (R):
- Bonus damage increased to 30/45/60 from 25/40/55
- Duration increased to 6 seconds from 5 seconds
Udyr - Nerfed
- Health growth decreased to 92 from 99
Phoenix Stance (R):
- Aura damage decreased to 40/80/120/160/200/240 over 4 seconds from 50/95/140/185/230/275 over 4 seconds
Viego - Changed
Sovereign's Domination (Passive):
- Viego no longer dodges turret shots that are in the air when he starts the possession animation
- Viego no longer loses stacks on Mejai’s Soulstealer and Dark Seal when possessing an enemy, and now gains the Mejai’s and Dark Seal’s stacks of enemies he possesses
- Fixed a bug where Viego could sometimes possess an enemy soul from extreme ranges if cast right at the start of another possession
- Fixed a bug where Viego would sometimes instantly possess souls without the 1 second cast time.
LoL 11.5 Item Changes
- Health increased to 400 from 300
- Total cost decreased to 3100 from 3300
- Dealing physical damage to a champion grants 5 movement speed per stack of Carve on them for 2 seconds
- Black Cleaver no longer deals bonus physical damage
- Wrath converts every 1% critical strike chance into 2 bonus physical damage on-hit, with a maximum of 100% critical strike chance. Wrath’s on-hit damage conversion is now affected by critical strike damage modifiers.
Maw of Malmortius
- Total cost decreased to 2800 from 3100
- Basic attacks deal 1.5% max mana as bonus damage. Melee abilities deal 3.5% max mana as bonus damage and ranged abilities deal 2.7% max mana as bonus damage; all abilities also deal +6% total AD as bonus damage against champions (on-hit attacks that trigger spell effects count as abilities for this purpose)
- Fixed a bug where damaging abilities would proc Shock's bonus damage once per ability, and should now only proc once per champion per ability
- Halting Slash dash range increased to 300 from 200
- Halting Slash dash speed slightly increased
- Halting Slash slow decay decreased to 40% over 2 seconds from 60% over 2 seconds
- Damage decreased to 75% AD from 100% AD
- Dealing damage to an enemy champion reduces any shields they gain by 50% for melee champions and 25% for ranged champions for the next three seconds. When you damage an enemy who is unaffected by Shield Reaver, reduce all shields on them by 50% for melee champions and 25% for ranged champions.
- Fixed a bug where Serpent's Fang's Shield Reaver passive would not reduce an enemy's shields if the user had any on-hit items equipped
LoL 11.5 In-Game Shop Updates
- Introducing Starter Bundles: The recommended view will now offer you the most popular combination of items players start with instead of just the first item. (Hint: It's usually potions.) Saved you some clicks!
- The font rendering has been improved in the item and search detail views. It was LiTeRaLy UnPlAyAbLe, but now it's fixed.
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements. Added 2 HP to the shop to round the number off.
- Shureyla's Battlesong now properly appears in the Item Shop when filtering for "Ability Power" or "Mana & Regeneration"
LoL 11.5 Bugfixes/QoL Changes
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Discovered and fixed an issue that would cause players to be stuck at the "Waiting for Stats" screen instead of directing the player to their end-of-game lobby
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed various rendering issues around the Match History graphs and statistics
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented players from trading champions in Champ Select
- Heartseeker Quinn's recall SFX now play properly
- Camille's W - Tactical Sweep heal now properly takes into account her outer cone bonus damage, not the inner cone damage
- Fixed a bug where Tryndamere would be able to die through his R - Undying Rage if hit with a CC ability empowered by Horizon Focus
- Bonus damage from Muramana and Ravenous Hydra's Cleave passive now properly triggers with every attack after Urgot's W - Purge is activated, not just the first attack
- Ranged champions now properly benefit from Doran's Shield's Endure and Recovery passives
- Fixed a bug where Udyr was able to trigger Tear of the Goddess' mana charge with every attack
- Fixed a bug where Runaan's Hurricane's bolts would generate additional stacks of Conqueror
- Certain champions now properly receive experience when a dragon is defeated during the time they are untargetable through an ability (Master Yi, Xayah, Zed, Kayn, Maokai, Yuumi)
- Ravenous Hydra's Cleave passive now behaves more consistently across similar abilities
- Fixed a bug where Ezreal would not trigger Runaan's Hurricane when casting Q - Mystic Shot and turning around at the same time
- Fixed a bug where if Shyvana's W - Burnout was active, Ravenous Hydra's Cleave passive would not work after the first attack
- Relic Shield's Spoils of War kills from a support now properly count towards Viktor's Passive - Glorious Evolution and Cull stacks
- Samira's R - Infernal Trigger now properly applies Ravenous Hydra's Cleave passive
Our article covering Patch 11.4 is worth reading through if you're looking for a refresher on the latest changes added to the MOBA's live servers, while the videos below give you a better look at the Yuubee and Beezahar skins in action.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .